Poetry By Goldenboy

So, I thought it’d be fun to share some of my poems. Would be grateful for any kind of feedback. More poems are coming! :grin:

The Unfortunate Prospector

A young prospector
Swung his metal detector
Patiently over the ground
Listening for any good sound
But no signal was ringing
So he kept on swinging

An older detectorist
Got a really sore wrist
Two years of searching had hurt his arm
But he knew the old saying:“Third Time’s a charm”
The third year passed, but the detector wasn’t singing
Disappointed he kept on swinging

Time went past and the man got old
There was yet no sight of gold
Not even a bottle top
What a flop!
Then one day it suddenly hit the prospector
He’d forgotten to turn on the detector
That’d explain why the detector didn’t bark
And why the screen was so dark

Elias.W 20-09-2017

Pull Tab

He must have been an evil man
He who invented the beverage can
Or more specifically that thing on the top
If only someone had made him stop
You see, I hate nails and aluminum foil
But pull tabs really make my blood boil
They’re so annoying to find
Can make any treasure hunter lose his mind
So many holes dug in vein
And we’re all too familiar with the pain
Of thinking you’ve finally found the stash
But all you find is modern trash

Elias.W 21-09-2017

4 Likes

Looking for more, i see you really love poetry.

1 Like

keep it up, not bad for an aussie

2 Likes

Thanks! Not an Aussie though, I’m from Sweden :stuck_out_tongue:

If Swedes eat swedes does that make them cannibals?

1 Like

Only if Kiwis who eat kiwis are :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did you say Kiwis - Yum yum! A very good answer - well thought out!

Well… I’m glad I’m not from Turkey…

1 Like

Yesss wellll - I would LOVE some TURKISH DELIGHT! Darker skin, flashing eyes but the only thing is it might increase the population of wee Turkeys - nothing wrong with a bit of Turkish delight.

Ha, but nowhere as hot as eating a Chilean from Chile!..

I reckon that a Brazilian eating a Brazilian would be much hotter! I must tell myself off for being rude!

2 Likes

Brazillian eating a brazillian…
Having trouble getting my ASD brain around the concept of eating something whose creation involves the removal of material. I guess a brazillian is an example of subrractive technology, as opposed to 3D printing. So wouldnt you therefore be eating the abasinthe of something, rather than the thing itself. Would it result in you being hungrier than when you started? Would it work as a weight loss stragedy ?

And squeaking of a Swede eating a swede and becoming a canonball…
The man at the circus who gets shot out of the canon was injured and will be off work for some time.
The circus is looking for a temporary replacement but they are having trouble finding a man of the right caliber.

Yes, i am a dad. How did you know?

1 Like

How many people here had the privilege of meeting Elias? One of those shiny nuggets you meet in life that the sun reflects off every corner.

yep he stayed a couple of nights at my place took him for a walk . let him find some of my gold . and yes it was a privilege

Dont praise him up - he might come back! Hi Elias - the only member here who sent me a burpday card. I never forget kindnesses. He came to meet me with a very good friend of mine and we took him to a secret spot up in Central Otago and later he came back for a second holiday with us.
Elias is one of the few who are welcome any time and yes he will be back just like the subject of this video - The Cat Came Back He Couldn't Stay Away - YouTube - except in Elias’s case he will always be welcome.

1 Like

I took him of guard by talking Swedish to him down 12 mile creek in Queenstown .
He lives not too far from where I grew up, so was great to catch up with for some local news.
Stayed the night at my place and he promptly went back to 12 mile and found a 3 gram nugget the day after unfortunately I was on my way to work in Aussie otherwise would have spent more time with this great honest young guy and yes he’s planning another tour of the Goldfields …