Plastic sluice box test

Spent the afternoon testing the plastic sluice originally from Dredge NZ, which I purchased 2nd hand.
It has eliminated the need to wash mats and reduces the concentrates down to the heavys.
It is great for testing the ground quickly, is light but sits really well in the water.
Anybody else use this type of sluice? Thoughts?

Also the other day I stopped for mushrooms and noticed parallel with the road old pot holes and surface trenching of a shallow reef the road workers may have uncovered back in the day(Nenthorn) Left behind was some nice reefy looking stuff…

3 Likes

What sort of mushrooms were you after. :joy:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Hi Lepresean, do you classify your dirt or shovel straight in. I suspect plastic sluices have a better capture rate classified? That said I have a le trap and a Robinson that are awesome. Light wieght and super quick clean up.

1 Like

Hello I shoveled it in carefully rinsing boulders separately. It required more regularly washing up compared to my sluice with mats, but I would say it compares in efficiency capturing the Au. I aim to test it on some black sands in Arrowtown soon.

1 Like

These are good right?

4 Likes

Yeah nah… the only trip you will go on eating these is to the hospital…nice looking bedrock but!

1 Like

How many do you want? There are heaps of those growing around the property of the house I am working on at the moment.

JW :cowboy_hat_face: