Permit Map Redeveloped

The permit map was starting to cost me a small fortune as it’s so popular. So I’ve redeveloped it using a different method which should hopefully get rid of the monthly bill.

Please let me know if you notice any issues with it so I can fix them :wink:

2 Likes

oh, I’m so sorry, didnt realise it was costing so much, I was using it for everthing.

That’s all good - I put it out there for people to use :wink: Just didn’t realise it would get so much use and Mapbox, who I was using to show the permit details on the map, suddenly put their costs up a good few months back.

All good now though :slight_smile:

gavin if u want to pm me your bank details ill chuck in a few $. wont be a lot but i challenge other users to do the same. help the guy out. runs a dam good site.

1 Like

I agree man and will do the same. Fire the dets this way @gavin

Good idea. Count me in.

The new map appears to work great I tried the old one a few times but found it didnt display the permit areas very well on two of my laptops especially when I zoomed in and out but this one looks great… Thanks for all the work you have put into it… It will now be a great tool to keep me away from claimed ground when I head South later this year :slight_smile:

Thanks for the generous offers to chip in, it’s much appreciated. There’s some options on Donate - New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Fossicking if you’d like to chip in. But please don’t feel obligated as I’m hoping the advertising revenue should cover the costs now :crossed_fingers:

Rather than spending $ and time on it why not just post a link to the Nzpam map ? , i never use the forum map as it only shows granted consents not the pending one,s

i always use gavins map because i find the nzpam site a pigs ear to do anything on but maybe its just me.

@sootypete I must admit that the NZPAM minerals map has gotten a lot better in the latest incarnation thankfully. I’d originally provided the Paydirt map of filtered gold-only permits as the NZPAM one used to be far too noisy to use easily. I figured it’s a handy simplified tool for people not wanting to end up on granted claims.

I had contemplated including permit applications but figured they aren’t as important to the most users here unless you’re looking to lodge a claim.

I like that! - post must be at least twenty characters - post must be at least twenty characters - post must be at least twenty fucking characters…is that enough?