Navy Button found on beach

Google lens an app for identifying objects and translateing and i saw the forum there bit busy to go looking at mo sorry

Thanks for the advice - I know all about google thank you.Too busy and yet your answering on here! During the time you answered you should have found it! Oh I used Google to translate your site that you gave me that supposedly said it was German from Italian to English…Google translator!

It doesnt seem to fit in with German nor Italian and the pattern is exactly the same as British but the top of the crown is just a bit flatter than I would expect. I have a heap of Military buttons here and it doesnt quite fit any of them however saying that I have found two British buttons which also dont fit the pattern so as I said away above there will be discrepancies according to maker.

What’s the consensus on the percentage match on the crown (OP on left)?

Yes I think the tops an awful close match - bottom of crown is flat on one rounded ont he others but I think its the closest yet - have you got an ID on it? Dont dare tell me its German!

Now this is fun - once again you have the wrong crown. The top of that crown is sloped if you look carefully. Good try though and yes there is a resemblance. I think the resemblance is its condition.

The flukes on the anchor are bigger as well but that means nothing as there can be discrepancies between manufacturers. Also the thread authors button crown has the flat bottom - I dont know how important that is but I do note comparing 100 or so buttons I have here that all the crowns of any particular King or Queen have either flat bottoms or rounded but not a mixture/both.

I do like that site though - its interesting.

George IV (as Prince Regent) so early 1800’s - Also found in the tide.

1 Like