My prospecting bits and pieces

Will add things here from time to time. My mate and I decided to brave the cold today and get in the water for a spot of dredging. Still exploring this area and have dropped down stram some distance from where we know payable gold is to be had. Today we managed a few hours in the water but initial results don’t look too flash. Will try the spot again in a couple weeks and punch a hole in deeper gravels. The hot water wasn’t working today so we were reluctant to get too seriously into it. Will post a pic of takings later, only around 1.5g if we’re lucky. Look at the water temp!

7 Likes

8 Likes

Good stuff mate! Gold mining isn’t for the weak.

The gold from the weekends adventure. Just 2.9g there, hopefully more next time

10 Likes

Matt, have you noticed how the temperature rises when you spot the yellow?
Good to see some of you youngsters with enthusiasm.

3 Likes

The early bird gets the worm, or so they say

3 Likes

Processing: 20230909_180309.jpg…

10 Likes

Some bits from yesterday. Hopefully we can add to that today before heading home

3 Likes

That was the total for 9 hrs work in the river.
Water wass almost getting pleasant at 7.7 degrees by the end of the weekend!

14 Likes

Get ready for the next installment tomorrow

Bit of panning today

11 Likes

A few chunky bits there to thanks for sharing

Nice Matt. Good show.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Next installment coming up tomorrow or Sunday…

1 Like

A lot of work today in the still fresh 8 degree water resulted in a bit of gold for my mate and I. More to come tomorrow

8 Likes

So on day 1 we tried in a few spots trying to find some useful ground we ended up with 5.3g for that day.

At the end of day one we found what looked like better ground. On day two we worked this ground For a couple of hours or so and ended up with this

So a total of 11.4g for the two days. Nice weekend away

17 Likes

My mate and I had another go at it on Saturday. The river was up and we had trouble working in the white water where the best gold seemed to be hiding. We still got 6.3g for the day. Water was 7.7 degrees. Looking forward to the river levels dropping and getting into the good stuff

10 Likes