Mothmyth's mad scientist page

Lockdown

Circle of life

spider, inverted.

Irony.

2 Likes

Moth was in danger of running out of room on his shelves before a potter with a kiln could be found.

Gargoyles were threatening to multiply in a Malthusian crisis.

However, essential supplies were holding up to the stresses of lockdown.

Hey can you still get Inner Circle Rum - what proof and alcohol percentage is it now? I cant imagine it the same Inner Circle I used to get in the 1970s which WAS fire water at about 76 percent alcohol and well overproof? I know the label I used to buy was black with a red circle - hmmm wonder if you can still get it.

i bought it in Christchurch - Bishopdale liquor store, in the shopping center near the bloblong roundabout. Its 76% or 133 proof and rather nice. It would be the mk3 version, that is the third user of the trademark started by Colonial Sugar Refining, Australia, then mk2 was made in fiji and this new version is made by Beenleigh distillery of Queensland. It is very good, but not quite the same as the original, tho i am trying to compare three rums over 10 year gaps. I think i might have given it another 6 months in the barrel, whir it up to me. Having a glass now, it really is very good indeed to have it back on the market.

I certainly do enjoy a bit of seriously overproof rum. Im not sure if Pteter is safe with it, he went a bit wingless with Kraken at 40%, tho it tastes very nice in a different way, being a spiced rum and way darker in colour.

1 Like

Gargle Oilyness has been achieved.

Abstract.

Arthropods

What i would be making today if i had that level of skill

the supplicants subsection

The Compleat Spider Fishmouth

Some sort of cross between a poodle,a television aerial, and a hammerhead shark

Bender is doing pushups on the coffee machine.

Supplicants Subsection mk II

Spiders Subsection

Grotesque Gargoyles continue to gain ground, giggling all the whey

Is that you Rover?

The robot refered to above as “Bender” may now be reChristened “Gnasher”

some strange shapes with fishy implications

Although you might at first think this was

A Fission Chipset

it is in fact a picture of…

A Fish on Kitset

I have been thinking about tetrahedra, cubes, octahedra and dodecahedra. And about trusses made of triangles built on the structure of an octahedron.

So here is a pair of tetrahedra held in juxtaposition with an octahedral truss, based on the small prototype structure in front of the beercan bottom with clay paste in it in the 2nd picture.

This creature is built from three tetrahedra joined with simple rods, but it has been becoming clear to me that there are all sorts of possibilities for joining creatures together with trusses.

Like this.

She’s Got Legs !

Is it a frame, a chassis or a skelleton ?

And to further develop the spaceframe and truss machinations of recent times it has suddenly Bean revealed to me that an octahedron is just a tetragedron with its corners cut off, and that 4 tetrahedra and an octahedron with the same sized faces fit together to make a double size tetrahedron. This means that the volume of an octahedron is 4 times that of a tetrahedron with the same face size.

Another thought about regular polyhedra, a cube with its points cut off and an octahedron with its points cut off are the same shape, with 6 square faces and 8 triangular faces

An Heard of Tetrahedrasaurs

And she has ears.

“Resistance is Futile !” exclaimed the Vogon guard, his green bowtie strangely resplendent in the dim lighting of the corridor.

In the words of Blackadders Puritan aunt…
“Looks exactly like a thingy”

And this, too is moist definately another type of thingy.

2 Likes

A Haiku for you
As level three comes to town
Groundhog day repeats

As Covid nineteen
And threat of “cabin fever”
Compete for your life

And here is the result

His head is pointy
Skeleton Triangular
A three foot ruler