Moke Creek/Ben Lommond public access hot of the press

Agreed Keith but it looks like the cocky has stifled the public access way to further his own cause , at least that’s my take on it & the other thing is farmers tend to dramatize situations a bit when it comes to having access over there land because at that point they have lost control on who can & cannot pass .

3 Likes

I hope instead of wasting time everyone has done a submission, if not get to work! do it now, it needs done by tomorrow morning 8am!

How is it wasting time ? .

Was just trying to make people aware they only have until 8am :slight_smile:

Jesus…havnt been on here for a while and suddenly there is this shit-storm…
Unfortunately I am out of town and will not have the chance to read up and submit but on the surface it looks pretty rank by the cocky.
Good luck for those who do submit and lets chat more on this as a collective. we need to apply pressure on the officials if we want results and that will only come if they fear they have acted unlawfully or fear for their jobs. good luck

2 Likes

BTW submissions can be sent to:

Stacey.Harris@qldc.govt.nz

As far as I can understand for people who don’t have time to do a proper submission all they would need to do is one line saying they reject the idea of blocking access to a paper road as a paper road is a LEGAL access way to get from A to B, put their name and a phone number to it and that would do, it’s another person rejecting it, better than nothing at all and just email that to Stacey.Harris@qldc.govt.nz and you’re done.

Just done mine…

So Stacey.Harris@qldc.govt.nz

Hi Stacey, I wish to submit a written statement to the council meeting regarding the decision to restrict vehicle access through Ben Lomond Station.

Agender item 2.

Statement as follows.

I wish to submit this statement in an effort to convince council to consider not restricting vehicle access through Ben Lomond Station.

As a keen gold prospector I feel that our councils have an obligation to facilitate vehicle access agreements with affected landowners where ever possible.

Small scale gold mining or (hobby mining) is a recreational activity like any other

In your current 10 year plans there is a clear to mandate to promote outdoor recreational activities and the extraction of precious metals.

Councils mitigating risk is also not a sufficient reason to restrict vehicle access.

I urge council to instead look at alternative solutions to this matter or at least allow time for all parties views to be considered.

Regards Malcolm Blown

3 Likes

Thanks Mal I hope u don’t mind but I did poach a sentence or to , open to suggestions before I hit the send button?

Hi Stacey, I wish to submit a written submission to the council meeting regarding the decision to restrict vehicle access through Ben Lomond Station.

Agender item 2.

Statement as follows.

I wish to submit this statement in an effort to convince council to consider not restricting vehicle access through Ben Lomond Station , Access is a big issue and doesn’t need to be exasperated by narrow mindedness or convenience especially with the newly minted Conservation Estate up the valley and the outdoor recreational opportunity’s that go with it given the chance I would like to explore north of Moke Lake with my 4wd , something else to consider is an ageing population , why restrict people this is a perfect opportunity to give greater access to our back country .

Also some clarity on how a woolshed , Fencing & Earth works came to be erected on a Public Road would be greatly appreciated .

I eagerly await your response.

Thank you for taking the time to read my submission.

Kind Regards

Xxxxx

Love the kisses at the bottom Sooty, that will do the job unless Stacey is a man :smile:

1 Like

Lol I wondered if anyone would give me stick over that but hey if that’s going to do the trick will take one for the team :laughing:

1 Like

Yep all feel free to cut and paste.
Nothing pisses me off more than someone trying to block access to this great country of ours.
Good luck all.

2 Likes

Thanks Mal , I edited mine a little and replaced hunting with “outdoor recreational opportunities” on account of hunters & guns being ranked lower than gold miners in our current climate :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve just done mine as I hate the idea off access in nz becoming more restricted than it is also a part of the country I love I hope we can make a difference!

1 Like

Just sent my submission through. Looks like a similar situation happened a number of years ago and QLDC rejected the proposal.

1 Like

Btw really good to see so much support for this and how popular this post has been. Really appreciate all the people that posted on here including those with differing views as well as the people that made submissions!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your submissions. Gave me some great inspiration for my own last minute submission under the guise of my NZ Topo Map hat.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed something to this and had the time to make a submission. I think it was great to see that many actually practiced what they preached which is not often the case in forums. If we are not careful we will lose more and more of our rights and privileges we take for granted.

3 Likes

Yup just cut and pasted it. Lazy but hop it helps

Guilty as charged lol Another cut an paste warrior :raising_hand_man:

1 Like