Thought I’d add something, being a bit bored. There doesn’t seem to be much on the site on the Miller Table so…
I decided to try using a Miller Table as a final step in clean ups recently.
I use a Le Trap to reduce my concentrates from the dredge. Works very well. But typically I get left with a pretty decent amount of gold and heavies. Was spending maybe two hours panning each clean up out. I love my panning but was starting to wear thin, so decided to try a cheapy miller table. I have to say I am quite happy with it.
- Super lazy/easy to clean up - can drink a coffee while spooning in heavies, a lot easier than panning heavies for a coupla hours
- Faster also than panning the heavies (and I am a panning fool)
- Surprisingly good recovery
- Only costs a coupla grams of gold to buy one
- Doesn’t catch round gold - so doesn’t catch fine flour gold, so prob not for people recovering gold from black sand beaches etc.
- Which means I prob need another step after this to run the tailings through to get the fines once a year or something. Always need another piece of equipment it seems, hmmm that mercury seems temptingly dangerous
So yeah Miller Table - pretty cool piece of kit def recommend!
Might make some of you OGs laugh, I know the OGs used magnets in plastic bags under water etc. etc. but I have always been unhappy with gold getting caught up in the magnetite doing that, prob not doing it right tho OGs are always right