Making silicone sluice mat

Hey all, I am still quite new to this gold fever thing compared to some of you in this community (as i have read). I have over the weekend made a silicone mold mat for my sluice box, i have tested it in the back yard and it seems to collect quite well for being the MK1.
I will be testing it ot in the field this weekend to see how it handles that situation.

I made the mat from a meat tray as the design of it intrigued me, it is a bit crude but hey if it works then thats a bonus to look into it a bit more.

Has anyone else had experience with making silicone moldings.

5 Likes

Well i tested it and its fair to say that MK1 was not a complete success, water would get under the matt and make it flutter. There were only a couple of micro dots caught in it (the rest was trapped in the dream mat), so back to the shed to make another one.

5 Likes

Good on you young fella. The start of many innovations I am sure. Nothing quite like having the passion to make your own stuff for chasing gold.

Best of luck out there.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Have you tried turning the mat 90deg ? Maybe will run better that way

2 Likes

Yes that is the idea for the next one that i am working on, if it works well then i will get a mate who has a 3d printer to make a proper mould.

1 Like

found a guy in auckland who can make runner one from the mold u made ???

1 Like