Liquid mercury for sale

HI,
Unsure if I’m allowed or able to sell but I have a small amount of mercury for sale… its been collected out of mercury switches over the years by an old timer, I now have inherited it, but I don’t have a need for it nor do I want it. I don’t fancy giving the stuff away as its worth something to someone. I am yet to find a recycling outfit who would accept it. as most say they wont pay for it but are happy to take it off my hands for me (Yeah mate, right)

Open to reasonable offers.

There’s approx 1.5 to 2 kg of mercury for sale.
I am not going to be selling to minors (take the punt however you feel)
ID will be needed.

Auckland/Manukau area.
I can not nor will I send it through the mail, pick up is at my factory in Howick where we handle dangerous goods in a safe environment.

Any money generated goes to help my daughter with her Aspergers

Send me a message if you are interested.

Bugger - I’ve got a box of 1960’s Hg filled hydrometers that I need to get rid of. Damned if I’m going to pay hazmat fees so the refuse station can triple their money!
Thanks for the tip.

If you are storing mercury must put it in a steel flask with a screw lid you can put in glass but must be totally protected bottom sides and top if it should get knocked

2 Likes

Thank you Leslie,
Will do.

Yes, I received it in plastic containers, but i then transferred it into glass jars/viles and I keep the jar/viles in a plastic container, I know Mercury its self isn’t a major toxin but the gasses can be.
I always follow the rule of “if you don’t know what it is, keep it in a glass container as glass isn’t a catalyst”

interested if you can sell it, must have 5or 6 kg of it here somewhere from those switches and mercury bearings/seals. Most of it came from an old water treatment plant and the old boy that gave it to me reckons an oz a week used to dissapear down the pipes before it was upgraded!!! very small town too so makes ya wonder wtf is actually in our drinking water.

Well maybe you have just hit the nail on the head in regards to the old adage circulating relating to Outram on the Taieri Plains and a few other small towns - ‘interbred and quite mad’.

Maybe it’s not the interbreeding that does it but rather, as someone said, “Something in the water!” In this case copious amounts of mercury.

Still available by any chance>