Kwikeiths west coast places

I think it was from my Viking ancestors (Great grandparents Bjerck and Neergaard) that I got my pillaging, looting and burning instincts but because I am not too mean anything else was by consentual sword point diplomacy.
Didnt the Vikings discover New Zealand - you are probably right because I think it was Eric the Reds father, Thorvald Asvaldsson (I kid you not) who discovered New Zealand - I think he coined the famous phrase “Hvor faen er vi” which more or less means “Where the fuck are we?”
He blamed it on his navigator whom he referred to as ‘Fittetryne’ and at such an insult the navigator apparently said to him " Dra til helvete, Faen ta deg" - After their boat got stove in as the result of a vicous Moa attack they attempted to retrace their steps and ended up discovering Iceland. For this feat apparently the navigator got no thanks because once again he ‘got it wrong’ and history tells us that this time he was promptly bestowed the insult ‘Drittsekk’ - such is the life and times of Eric the Red.

4 Likes

the “BLACK DOG” took me up tin town today. in the repo creek area . no tin up there but a great looking creek under the bridge. the only building was a fallen over wooden one.

6 Likes

That’s a neat looking spot Keith is that up behind Stockton ?

yep . you start walking at the gate and head east. very muggy till you get onto the 4wd roads. goes for miles. don’t know if there is gold up there but the creek certainly would be a great place with all those boil holes

ben from chch out for a walk up Denniston with his nox800 . good walk some of you will know where we are. even the “BLACK DOG” knows. not to much the only interesting thing was the rock or not to sure a bit of metal . got a spark when I hit it with the hammer.

3 Likes

sorry I haven’t post on the location of gold for awhile ,
I was talking to a dude yesterday about Denniston . was told that webb creek had gold in it . didn’t know any more big or small just yellow stuff. so tomorrow going to go for a walk to find out , watch this space and if the weather is fine I will head into the hills. give me a call if you want to join me. sorry that’s right its Monday in the morning , its such a bugger been on the pension and able to go when you like .
no black dog story this post

1 Like

Gidday Kiwikeith . I would be keen to join you, but do not have your number.
you can call me on 03 4297983 ask for kiwimike. cheers.

the first photo is looking across L75 creek the track goes through the rocks in the center of shot
2nd one has kiwimike and of course the “BLACK DOG” at lunch time 1/2 way between L75 and the webb. great looking clearing for the roar, and looking up towards the cypress creek. its a good track. since we didn’t leave waimag till 11 in the morning we didn’t get to the webb. next time might not have that sleep in
left truck at the end of the road by the ernest creek

4 Likes

yea lock down over.
headed up to Anderson stream up the mokinui for the day. 14.7km according to the gps. I think a little far for first day out for a few weeks. kiwimike and the black dog came along . nothing with detector a lot of deer sign but that’s no help when detecting

2 Likes

8 Likes

sorry folks I was just told that you are not allowed dogs up the mokinui. so right . there is a big sign , but showed the sign to the black dog and he just ignored it ,
just got to teach that dog to read.
but on the good side he didn’t catch any kiwis suppose they have all been taken out with 1080.

3 Likes

Yes no dogs alloud - 1080 welcome! Except by all true blue Kiwis! Fucking criminal bastards who use it and that hypocritical Ugene or what ever its name is Sage should be made to take a few doses herself as she is doing more damage to the country than any other human has ever managed to achieve.

3 Likes

Look I have done the math if each of the new eleven thousand new doc employees under our expansionist green revolution can knock two possums on the head a day that equals 5.7 million less furry four pours in the bush a year oh one slight digression 5 dollars a tail for a shooter would equal 110 million less furry friends for the same money just saying

3 Likes

out in the bush up from home black dog again showing the way . prefeed for possums might just be a bit more profitable

1 Like

I m abit amazed at how long someone can go without food. i have done 2 days and felt pretty weak. but we read in the news that you can go 13 days food free in the bush in shit weather, then when you come back you are able to jump and walk as if nothing happened. they throw you in hospital for check and you are out in a couple of hours with nothing wrong .
I think someone has done a stunt so as to sell a story.
watch out for the book release.

6 Likes

Maybe…Search & rescue…is that tax payers money. Wonder what that bill came to? I believe they had 6 days supplies & got lost in the first couple of days. Maybe they rationed their food to stretch it out. Don’t forget they are only 23 & I would say pretty fit. They weren’t short of water. Funny you should mention a book as that is the first thing I said to Mrs JW. I was gobsmacked when I heard they had been found alive & well. I wrote them off days earlier. Guess we shouldn’t assume & underestimate the strength & power of the will to survive. Still, does seem strange I have to admit.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I pretty sure its ACC
still a big bill with all the chopper hours .

1 Like

Hell Keith how did you last 2 days ,the way Cas feeds you.
I would have a day at most

1 Like

Yer chopper bill would be huge. ACC still comes from the pockets of working people. I am a builder & know the pain of my ACC payments. I have never been on ACC in all my life. Two week stand down time & by then what ever ailment I have had was gone by then. The thing that pisses me off with ACC is people can chose to do dangerous high risk sports/hobbies by choice. Eg: snowboarding, skiing, rugby, mountain biking etc & the casualty rate is huge. Good old ACC helps them out while the likes of me with my occupation paying one of the highest acc rates, forestry is the highest, & others too of course foot the bill.
Any tourist that comes to our country should have to pay an insurance to cover any grief that may come to them. Be it search & rescue, car accident etc. Why should we foot the bill? How many tourists cause car accidents resulting in deaths of the innocent party & get to fly home scott free. It is just wrong. Sorry for the prattle.

JW

6 Likes

Well put JW. I couldn’t agree with you more.
On another note we should see a good spike in gold price tonight with all the carry on overseas.
Good old ying and yang.
HH