Homemade sluice box

Hi community want to see ur homemade sluice boxes going to have a crack at my own i know its pretty straight forward but might see something that trickle my pickle

2 Likes

This is the style I’ve always made…:v:

5 Likes

Good one mate how long dose the wood hold up

I normally get 6 to 12 months out of them before they collapse…I haven’t built one for a while now as I’ve taken a different track…

If you used marine ply they would last a while, I was always to tight to buy it tho :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Cheers, tight is my middle name haha love the upgrade u must be able to smash through the ground with that set up

1 Like

Nice mate. Made my first sluice…and old timers rocker box.
Work well…:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Heres a couple ive made, find a local crowd who do alot work with alloy and ask if they can fold one up for you, takes 5min might cost ya $100 (alloy and folding fee) big wide mouth helps for low flow. Both these worked awesome. Was hoing to build and sell the dream mat one but no time.

4 Likes

They look good mate sort of thing i have in my head differently want to have some dream mat involved what was the size of the dream mat one u got made up

Have you used this yet? I have the same set up

Isn’t this thread about Home Made Sluice boxs? That doesn’t look very home made to me. :wink:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Home made enough for me my idea of homemade when i started this post was a set up that was not brought from a shop and set up with matting and ripples the way u choose and probably at saving of $$ as im a tight ass haha

1 Like

Made this home made sluicebox some years back.
Its over the top weighs a bit.
The riffles are individually…! made from designs from all over the world… help and parts from Paydirt members… Some standard some european from memory :beer:

Its been raining here for 2 weeks. Our driveway looks like swamp, the banded rails come walking around this time of year if you see them they move quite quick. Seen a few in my time but first time i seen a pair.

3 Likes