Hi all...do any companies still make stoning forks?..i would like to buy one..cheers

2 Likes

I have no idea but it made me think that l have found one or two similar over the years on my place.
Not so many tines if l remember correct.

They are hard to come by now…i had one years ago …i found it great to work the ground ahead of my 4inch

I want one !!! really i want one of These :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although only three tines we did use pitch forks. With a 6 inch dredge they helped a lot to remove larger stones.
We still have them…some where!

1 Like

Werent stoning forks used by men of a certain religion to launch long range stones at what they considered errant women in their native countries?

2 Likes

stoning fork the thing one uses to get stoned when you are anti smoking

1 Like

Something similar I think Keith… :grinning:

That’s interesting, I used one of those for getting horse shite out of bedding on the farm when growing up. Exactly the same , maybe check out agri merchants

1 Like

Here you go, “bedding fork” or manure fork.

2 Likes

things i missed out on growing up in town . horse shit in bedding i had nothing like that
the only shit i had was latter in my bed when i got married(first time)

1 Like

Lol, sorry uz country fowk don’t tawk like yoos posh toon fowk.
“Bedding” to uz wer straw, (even in the mattresses.)

A good idea but they are too light and not robust enough for rocks.

Funny but somehow I cant see Keith as ‘posh’ (Hasnt that got something to do with Spice?) or a townie unless you call three shacks in the middle of Purgatory ‘civilization’

1 Like

yep im as posh as they come with my latte coffee every morning and a croissant. as i drive into town in my range rover

hey its still a landrover

3 Likes

Your a worry - and you speak French - what in fuck is ‘latte’ and ‘croissant’ - Landrovers are one thing but Rangerovers are another and I have never been sure about Rangerovers - I thought they were actually Deranged Rovers - in other words a glorified 1959 3L Rover! I had one of them and it was the nicest car I ever had to ride in.

3 Likes

I think you’ll find a Ranger Rover of that era is really a BMW!! Lol

running a ford v6 diesel . bmw was the 2004 straight 6 its so hard to tell as jaguar were also involved . who cares when you can swap your series 2a and quad for one and still have some left for a croissant and latte.
just got to check on wading depth so as i can get out poaching for gold

1 Like

I still havent got this croissant and latte thing yet so I think I will just stick to a rabbiters Jam sandwich and a bottle of whisky…fucking foreigners!
I tried poaching a bit of gold once but it bust my teeth and so I stuck to poaching eggs.

1 Like

i prefer "ragout de lapin " over “lapin roti”