Paydirt Home Locations Permit Map Equipment & Services Gold Price Old Forum Archive Donate Search

Greetings - Obligatory New Guy Intro Thread

:partying_face: Happy New Year, Paydirt folks.

So I’m new to metal detecting… like newly minted new. I literally just bought my new-to-me X-Terra 705 a few hours ago and am heading out for the first time in a few hours.

I am a lifelong rock hound, having cut my teeth pulling agate, carnelian, Thompsonite, Jasper and other delightful semi-precious gem stones out of Lake Superior. I’ve always been a seeker; antiques, seashells, hard to find pipes, cigars and tobaccos. The looking, to me, is always at least as much fun as the finding.

I hope to be a regular poster, and have already learned a lot from you guys and gals from posts of the past. If you have advice for the new detectorist, I’d be happy to hear it.

Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year, maybe I’ll see you on the beach tomorrow morning tripping over the remains of the night before.

— Pat

4 Likes

Does the Xterra detect raw gold

As far as I know, Minelab released an X-Terra Gold package with a different coil. I’m not the expert as I’ve, literally, only skimmed the manual and put in an hour on the beach with the machine. Google-fu will surely put you on the right path though.

— Pat

I think that you will do well with the metal detector :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Lake Superior ? Welcome Pat, you have been on quite a journey.