GPS tracking device

Does anybody know if there is a small GPS tracker available that can be discreetly attactched to say the likes of a dredge? Would be piece of mind if leaving gear at a creek and make it easier to track down if some light fingered prick decided to help themselves.

I like the idea but my theory is prevention is better than cure. Just take it home.

2 Likes

Apple airtags won’t work in that situation Bluetooth range is far to small, you’ll need an independent unit with sim like this -

2 Likes

Doh should have read gavzillas post first :sunglasses: hes ontoit.

This is an interesting idea… thinking laterally - something that could do the trick - if you had cell coverage… maybe try one of those pet trackers. Something like… https://pettracking.co.nz. There are heaps around, not sure what one might work best.

You can set up a geofence alert, so if it gets carried out on a flood lol :sunglasses: or by some evil person, you’d get an alert. Then track it by boat or car :sunglasses:

It would be a bit obvious - so someone might take it off - and an issue would be battery life. But maybe give it a crack and let me know if it works? I might also try myself.

1 Like

Bee hive people use trackers on there hives in dodgee places. Has a tremble switch so only activates when moved too save battery life. Can turn on and off with magnet. Down side is that you need a subscription and sim.

3 Likes

Leave a picture of someone of a cadaver. Its what happens to thieves. Accidental slaughter.

Or take it home!