Gold claims north island

Hi any claims in the north island available

No, you’ll have to apply for one yourself, and find a place with some worthwhile gold, which won’t be easy. Very easy to do a slight bit of research these days.

2 Likes

Heard there is gold in the motu river from a reliable source

Whats with all these threads and comments from users that have just signed up on paydirt in the last day asking avg questions without any thought or personal research that can be gotten in a 5min google search and using computer chat etc
Bit frustrating :expressionless:

8 Likes

Totally agree. Are people that frigin lazy? Google is their friend. Doesn’t take much.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Yea thats pretty much what I was getting at, tried to say it nicely though :wink:

2 Likes

Haha subtle is not my strongsuit sometimes… i wasnt trying to be a dick to the genuine members that sign up to paydirt and are newbies that have genuine questions that are at least somewhat researched or self seeked first…
Paydirt has a wealth of knowledge that can be read through going back ages and some awesome pointers amongst the threads… Papers past online is an absolute goldmine of information on nz gold history… And you cannot go past any historic gold mining / geology books they have a wealth of information to really get your brain working to decipher the hidden gems! I have collected these books (plus many more) in pic attached from second hand stores over the last 20 years and online auctions etc that have helped me locate many many 0z from obscure passages written within.
Knowledge takes time and commitment, there are no short cuts.

I guess
It was that i looked at each of the profile starting *these type of questions… as i had not seen their username before to find in each case they have just become members same day…and possibly questioning why or if truely genuine…

Anyways Happy Golden Pans :sparkles:

8 Likes

You are missing quite a few more books TussockGold. :joy: I am with you though. I have got all those books plus many more as part of my extensive research in my personal library. Can’t have enough information, & some of those books are worth gold in themselves being out of print.
I have just recently started selling a few of them off. Not on trademe though.

Nice show of gold to.

2 Likes

This book on the Goldfields of Otago l wouldnt rely on to much. I was just going through it the other day and it had what was to me a glaring mistake.
The second book is fascinating - have you got it JW. A guy l know owns that house in the back ground and let the author take a photo for the book of gold from the creek - photo included.

4 Likes

Hi Mr Lammerlaw. I have that first book too but no, not the 2nd one you show. Can you sell me a copy? I know the arsehole who owns that house in the background too. How do you know him? Have you ever had a run in with him?

2 Likes

I may be able to get a copy as I know the author but havent been in touch with him for ages. The fellow who owns the house gave him about 6 grams of gold I think it might have been one day. I have met the guy who owns the house. The last time I had a runin with him the mirror knocked me out! I know his wife well. She puts up with a lot…hes a bit of a scoundrel I think!
I think that the book has been updated to.
Heres another two books he has put together.

3 Likes

How well do you know his wife, did you use to go out with her? I have meet her on the odd occasion myself. I have heard stories about the guy who owns that house. He is more than a scoundrel but not too shabby at finding gold on all accounts that I have heard.
I would be real keen on a copy of that book if you can wave your magic wand.

What was the glaring mistake in that Otago goldfields book?

Gosh, this thread has gone way off topic. Apologies, but… Mr Lammerlaw, that speci piece in that bowl of gold at 4 o’clock position. Was that really found in Lammerlaw Creek? It is so different to the rest.

1 Like

Apparently it was - halfway between the dam and the big dip in the track.

Apparently that guy isnt very popular with his misses as she thinks his magic wand has supposedly been waving around somewhere up north after he read the book, ‘Peter Pan meets Wendy,’ so l dont know if the magic wand should be used to get the book.

I heard that he has to keep his bedroom door locked as his wife stalks around at night with a meat cleaver as well.

2 Likes

Yep… probably in the form of whitebait. Not that I would know. Every chance there could be gold but there doesn’t appear to be any history of it being worked. So if it was there it must have been in such tiny amounts it wasn’t worth while. Can’t say I have ever heard of it though & I am sure newspapers back in the day would have made mention of it even if it wasn’t mined. Papers Past & present, as has been mentioned, is a great tool for that kind of stuff.

1 Like