Gold and something else

gday all,great detecting day today good tides no wind and 24 degrees,not many signals out in the deep but scored a oldie 9ct signet ring,and at just 1.4g a triumph for this nugget finder coil,scoop is 11 inches long,this ring was at least a scoop and a half down amazing as i was only able to get half gain on the tdi due to the black minerialised sand.also got this object has a brass finger guard so would expect some kind of stabbing tool,yet to attack it.been there a while methinks.good luck

2 Likes

I suspect the stabby stabby tool is a bayonet still in its sheath with the handle rusted off.

1 Like

Nice find roy be good to see it cleaned up

1 Like

That is a pretty ring, any idea of age?

1 Like

The stabby thing is “sting” Bilbo’s and Frodo’s legendary sword

1 Like

i think the ring is 50s,the stabby thing turned out to be a bowie knife but i stuck it in the garage and i cant find it in all the shit in there,still looking.

1 Like

It will be under all your gold rings

1 Like

still hoping for that one retirement find,i was talking to a old beach glass finder and he told me of a guy finding an 1815 sov some years ago in one of my spots,wonder where the rest of them are…

Stuff that. I hope you find a gold nugget or rough diamond.

1 Like

sweet looking ring man…knife looks like it been there a while to!

1 Like

Great ring…marvellous find. The knife is definitely more valuable though as it is obviously Gustavus Von Tempsky’s Bowie knife which was never found when he was killed by Titokowaru’s warriors at the battle of Te Ngutu O Te Manu (The Birds Beak) on the 7th of September 1868. Just put up a good story, give it a plausible provenance and put it on Trade me…after all there’s one scummy prick on Trade me who sells guns with interesting false information for the gullible.

In any case it is interesting but won’t be a bayonet I don’t think due to brass quillon and it doesn’t appear to have a hole for the barrel. Good find though!

1 Like