Flooding Louis Creek

Wow 3wks ago I was up there and went back today and it’s a different place :flushed: some serious water must have been going down that river to move some of them rocks!!

3weeks ago
2day
What ya love just picking it up :grin:

A little honey hole which is always nice :grin:

2 nice pickers
Days Total

12 Likes

Hopefully it’s stirred up some fresh gold :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed it did Gavin :grin:

2 Likes

Wow that’s a great reference to before and after a flood. You do have to wonder how some people get upset about a few people digging holes by hand! Where have those massive boulders gone! Is the track up there still drivable or has that been hammered too?
Good effort on the shiney stuff :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah exactly! , Even the first part is starting get a bit rough but there’s a slip up the top end so can’t drive to the hut.
@Dreamyminer I’m pretty sure they ended up in a pile down there :joy:

3 Likes

Blimey it’s hard to imagine the force of the water, certainly would be tricky to get the sluice running nice :joy:.
I keep meaning to go up there but keep getting put off as I only have a late model softroader and don’t want it scratched to hell. I have been up New creek a couple of times but never done Louis, the spring fever is getting bad so need to head up but definitely not if its raining! Good luck for the season, may your pan sparkle :grinning:

1 Like

dosent take much in the main flow to get them moving, we had a winch pile in main channel of a stream and just snowmelt and raising about 18inches washed the lot away most ended up making a new beach about 45m down on a bend some decent size rocks too (2 of us couldnt even roll em)

2 Likes

I want to say thank you to @Rio-sue for posting the update on Louis couple of weeks back. We had no luck whatsoever there last summer but you re-inspired us to give it another go. We went up last weekend and had the best day we’ve had ever with just our pans.

I found my first 0.5g picker and some good chunky stuff to go with it, so thrilled. And glad to actually share a good day with you all!

12 Likes

That’s awesome :sunglasses: gotta Love a picker or two :grin:

2 Likes

nice one. :grinning:

good work ther still gold in them hills up ther

2 Likes

I hope there will be some left when I get here in March! These pics make me so eager :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure there’s plenty in the right place :grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

Nothing quite like a GOOD flood to stir things up & re-fresh those golden surprises. Nice show of gold you guys. Louis Creek has never been that kind to me so good effort.

Good luck out there

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It’s normally a dig a metre, move lots of boulders sort of Creek so it’s been nice to find some easy Gold :grinning:

2 Likes

No gold is easy gold so you deserve all you get. Half the fun is in the adventure of just getting there & being among it all. The gold being just a bonus. Best of luck out there & a very Merry Xmas to you all.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Great work mate and great photo’s as well

1 Like

Im guessing it will be like this again after last weekends shower or two

1 Like

I would think so :grin: should have opened up some new stuff! might have to go for a winter nosey :cold_face:

2 Likes

right on there, hopefully next weekend for me

2 Likes