Falsing concerns

Wont be out before then Iggy, doin the big movin thing again.
I will have a temporary refreshment fix tho. :wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer:
Hang on - better have another. :beer:

2 Likes

Back to buiseness.
Ace is out of the hot water cupboard and back together.
had a short buzz yesterday but will have to try that again as run out of time.
It works ok but that extra occasional beeping is still there.
If you wiggle/shake the detector from side to side it beeps, shouldnt be doing that.
Sounding more and more like its the coil.

Tape up a few inches on the wires as they exit the coil might stabilize it.
New coils gonna set u back about $160 if I recall correctly from tactical solutions.

If the coil was a problem i was thinking it would be around there too - where the wires exit the coil as that area moves alot as the coil swivels back and forth. So bound to be a week spot.
Gonna have to save me pennys for a new coil. Small price to pay for all that awesomeness.

Have you thought about firming up area with generous amount of silicon?

Not to sure Iggy. Will do some more field testing.

Potential problem spot where the wires exit the coil.

You have nothing to lose tho if you are at the stage of buying a replacement coil.
Maybe a 90 degree bracket held firmly to the coil as well as heaps of silicon.
It will look crap but you will forget about it eventually.

It dosnt take much to upset them in that area especially if you are swinging the coil submerged in water at all.

Some awesome ideas as to the problem. Really need to decipher if its the coil or not.
Mite have to send it the Garrett doods here in NZ, see what they say.
Bout all i can think of at this stage.

I hear what everyone is saying but doctoring it up could end up a short term fix. Might have to get a new coil - possibly. Easier said than done as i will have to raise the fundage first.

Remove the coil bolt, then move the coil around in the air (being sure to be away from metal (including on yourself), then try the same in reverse with the control box.
That way you could see if it’s the coil or control box that is causing the beeps when you shake.

1 Like

Gday shane…have a real close look at your coil…the Garrett coils have a common problem of getting hairline fracktures that are barely visable…the crack allows minute amounts of water into the coil and causes falsing…even swinging the coil over grass will let moisture into the coil…just another possibility to consider!

2 Likes

Its starting to look like that Andy. Cant see anything as me eyesight dwindling. Will have a closer look.