Exploring past coromandel mines

For those with Facebook these guys are worth a follow

1 Like

I saw a news article about these guys yesterday…

1 Like

Brilliant. These guys will be on DOC’s most wanted list sadly.

2 Likes

I love it and if I lived there I would want to accompany them. As far as I am concerned this is what dreams are made of.

Their Facebook site is fantastic and I really loved it BUT it also shows just how stupid DoC (Department of Constipation) are. Dedicated mining interest groups should be given the go ahead and even partially funded to restore the old buildings, stabilize some of the mines as tourist attractions and restore mining machinery and even rebuild some of the old stamper, boiler and other machinery and house it in buildings built tot he same specifications as the originals so that those who visit see it as it was and feel that magical aura of times gone by. In the US a lot of sites have been stabilized and restored and it is great to see.

DoC will not allow you to touch it or remove anything and yet they allow it to rot and disintegrate into dust and piles of unrecognizable rust. DoC are nearly a waste of time and usually staffed by text book fuckwits who have no idea. The best DoC employees would be ex Forestry personal (rangers etc) ex deer cullers, ex Possum trappers, ex miners etc - realists…but unfortunately they, like me, are EX!

6 Likes

Good on them, tired of hearing ’ in the context of the place’ or in otherwords, we cant read well documented history so we will let stuff rot where it lies until we can work out for ourselves wat went on instead reading the history books.

Don’t get me started on DOC. :hot_face: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I best bite my lip right now.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

my mate at fish and game southland got it about right when referring to these sandle wearing hairy arm pitted over educated

1 Like

im with kiwijw but i dont have any lips left

When a girls lips are sealed is she engaging in the dubious practice of liposuction and when she promises but doesnt come across is it called ‘giving lip service’?

thats a fairly tame reply there lammerlaw considering what you could have written. maybe i should do the same

Or is it lip syncing (sinking). LOL :rofl:

I have come to the conclusion that as the result of the unsavoury habits indulged in by some individuals, me included if willing recipients of the opposite gender display a willingness, a male appendage could only be described as a lip stick!

1 Like

suppose better than a dip stick

2 Likes

I dont know I think I prefer the dip stick principal - there are no teeth involved!

Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

my ganny dosnt have teeth, but she has been dead for a few years.

Your ganny must be related to me then - A Gummy Bare - or should that be Gummy Bear??? For some reason that reminds me of those lollies you could get when I was a kid - they were called ‘All Day Suckers’ Gummy Bares would make good all day suckers with their Liposuckers’

2 Likes

Wat was this topic actually about again?

1 Like

I had thought that yesterday and thought that I should have pursued a career as a Hijacker! The fact of the matter is the Coromandel mines interest me immensely and I find it a great thread but sadly little boys with ADHD can get distracted easily.

1 Like

if you are a big boy with adhd (like me)that means i cause a bigger distraction, in fact it comes naturally

1 Like