Diver wanting to dredge

Hi team I have Tuesday 25th to sunday 31st off. But my claim is in flood (again this year ) before I cancel my weeks annual leave (again this year) dose anyone need any help dredging I have all my own dive and camping gear happy to go south island wide. Happy for multiple day trip. Happy to be rock man or tender or put more time on the box for you. My claim on the tiarei. Dredge with a 2 and 5 inch keene

2 Likes

rivers are up all over the show down here atm drove over the clutha , taieri, mataura today all are high and muddy itl be weeks before they drop enough to put a dredge in , taieri will probably drop quicker though .

1 Like

My claim in the last 22 days has gone from 4 cumecs to 1130 cumecs down to 30 cumecs then yesterday back up to 130 and dropping.this is the 2nd week I’ve planned to have off and dont think work be to happy if I cancel my leave again.and dont want to waste my leave by not doing anything etc

yea its been crap i think its worse this year than last and last year we had a flood that nearly went 2500 cumecs , took the horses over to the pommy today for a ride and its high & brown too , bloody baleage wrap everywhere , what part of the the taieri are you on ?

1 Like

Not good about the rubbish. And the bottom near outrim

1 Like

Oh yep I know that stretch pretty well 2 years ago I spent a good part of the summer up there rafting mostly from a place called the rock garden down to the glen or sometimes we would start at Lee stream , theres some big rocks and deep holes in there , nice spot though i always ment to take a pan with me but mostly there was not enough time with the boss cracking the whip !

1 Like

She will by right in march, just before the willow leaf fall which has its own issues.

1 Like

im hearing you, nothing like unclogging your footvalves every 5 minutes just not productive, im so over these high river flows ive never had so much time to dredge due to covid, but just cant get started

1 Like