DetectNZ - More info on the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Hi Everyone,

Minelab have released much more information on the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Gold metal detector. Looks pretty good to me. You can see all via this link.
http://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-care/product-notices?article=307500

Check it out. Be interested in your feedback.

HH
Chris
DetectNZ
info@detectnz.co.nz

2 Likes

It checks out.
I’d recommend it to anyone starting out who wants to find gold.
Comes with a car battery clips!
Different battery options is amazing.
Whats not to love… how much is it?

1 Like

I’m not believing the hype, I’d like to see it side by side with a Gold Bug 2 before I drink the kool-aid.

I don’t see this machine outperforming the Eureka gold, which itself was never well received … however it’s come far too late, the glory days of VLF detectors in New Zealand are over as these VLF machines are affordable, decent enough performing on shallow bedrock, and easy enough to use, the technology has been around for years now and a lot of ground has been covered by gold bugs in that time, they are a victim of their own success.

You have to dig and detect, winch boulders and uncover fresh bedrock these days to find anything with a VLF machine, or spend a while researching and then hiking far off the beaten track to where nobody in their right mind has thought to look.

Do I expect people to buy this machine and go out there and kill it? … no … if it was released a decade ago it would be a different story.

2 Likes

As both Nokta/Makro have proven with their VLF’s - there is definitely an improvement from those Gold Bug days you mentioned & I cannot see any reason why this new Minelab Monster will not be any different - i.e. an improvement over what we have currently had in the past -

I think nowadays we are spoiled for choice when it comes to effective VLF Gold Prospecting units, but that’s just the way I see it -