Paydirt Home Locations Permit Map Equipment & Services Gold Price Old Forum Archive Donate Search

Dansey's Pass Gold Panning / Sluice Boxing

Just been sent a message…

Joseph from the Dansey’s Pass Motorcamp is allowing access to his claim in a restricted area. $30 per person per day, pan and sluice only.

http://www.danseyspass.com/4143.html

2 Likes

Thanks Gavin might have to go and have a nosey when it warms up a bit more

worth going. I went last week. didn’t get a lot but mainly a reccy trip. only used pan and a hand trowel. and with the claim running through the motor camp you can stay the night if you want.

1 Like

when I lived in Timaru I used to take the kids and stay in the camping ground, kids would play with the other kids and I would play in the river by pulling the grasses out of the bank wash them in my wheelbarrow then put the wash through the sluice didn’t get rich but had fun

yep. you wouldn’t go there or most claims to get rich. its just an enjoyable day out.

1 Like

Have dredged this river with previous claim owner and can say there is some nice gold in there. Good luck Jo maybe it’s best to hold onto that proline of yours!

Why is this claim not on the Permit Map? I can see Alexander’s claim on the main river.

it is on the paydirt map. its up at the start of danseys pass. permit 55179. (oamaru end)

1 Like

I was there a couple of times when dale had it and he had ben and a few other guys with him. one of them might have been you prich. lol

Got it. Thanks for clarifying that.

last I heard the area open for pan/sluicing is from the bottom of claim and up past the motor camp to the bridge where the two streams meet.

Yeah man could have been. There was always a procession of people coming and going especially with the fact we were right next to the road.

good guys dale and ben. new fella seems pretty easy to get on with to.

1 Like

Yeah man Jo is a top bloke and has got a wicked piece of ground in my opinion