Coromandel Beach

Went for a early morning hunt on a great Coromandel beach, I was trying for a gold bracelet recovery, but the description of where it was lost was just to vague.
Ended up with a nice 925 ring a few spendies,

very little trash which was nice.

8 Likes

Pie money and a ring - Iā€™d call that a success.

3 Likes

Looks good - shall we say ā€˜inspiringā€™ - must charge up detector batteries and go to the beach!

1 Like

Nice one Matt. Where thereā€™s one thereā€™s MORE.

1 Like

Back to the same beach to try again for the gold bracelet, 4hrs later I finally found it and no where near the map I had been given indicated, a little junk ring and some cash as a bonus

5 Likes

Some good shooting there :+1:

When I do a recovery, I always ask for them to meet me on site and show me. If theyā€™re serious about wanting it back, theyā€™ll make the effort.

If they are reasonably local and canā€™t be bothered, just emailing me a blurry Google earth photo with a big fat circle drawn on it, my efforts are commensurate.

1 Like

Nice one mat what sort of detector are you running?

I recently bought a ctx3030, I used to have an AT Pro which I loved but I just couldnā€™t get it to play the game on wet sand or in salt water, and living where I do, I need to be able to hunt those areas.

Hi Matt
Get a copy of Andy Sabisch - ā€œThe CTX 3030 handbookā€ if you havenā€™t already got one. Available on Ebay etc. I have a few books on the CTX but this is by far the best. Iā€™ve done over 1200 hours with mine now and still learning. Just love it.

Good luck

1 Like

I agree acopy of Andy Sabisch - ā€œThe CTX 3030 handbook" is worth every cent really speeds up the learning curve.

awesome thanks guys I will do that, I am a bit lost using it, compared to the AT Pro

My suggestion to new CTX users is just select the appropriate ā€œon boardā€ program and go for it. After all the Minelab engineers have spent many hours testing all functions before releasing the product and in my experience they can be relied upon . Having said that the amount of info that a CTX throws back at you can be a bit daunting initially.

HH
MK

The built in Coin pattern is very good and the one i use most for an initial search of an area.