Convert your wired detector to BT wireless

Well I,ve done it and it works a treat. Got rid of the tree hanging wired headphones on my GB pro. Some pics attached.
You need bluetooth 5.0 for both transmitter and headphones. And you need to ensure both have aptxLL codec (low latency) so t

here is no delay or lag when you are sweeping. Cheapest good pair of HD phones are the panasonics I got off trademe. The transmitter/receiver i got off Alixpress for about $35. A couple of 3/4" spring clamps and velcro and 3.5mm audio connector will finish the job. All up, under $200.

4 Likes

I wonder if do able with my gold monster iv never used the head phones for this reason

I don’t see why not. I’ve bought a GM1000…I’m planning on doing the same with that…I can use the same transmitter and phones, just swap it over. Easy. The headphones also have a 3.5mm jack, so can be hard wired if needed. For instance if you forget to recharge either tx or phones. Long battery life too.
Minelab want nearly $400 for their wireless setup.

2 Likes

That’s cool, but I find the GM 1000 speaker just fine. Plenty loud enough. Just ask Lammerlaw, & he is as deaf as a fence post. :wink: :joy: :kissing_heart:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Yeah, but the whole world knows when you’re onto something. Silence is golden.:grin:

They don’t know where I have found it though, & you would be surprised at what I haven’t shown too. Being in lock down & being bored twisted my arm in putting up last weekends finds. Small bit of eye candy for those interested.

JW :cowboy_hat_face: