Christchurch coin & relics

Gday all. About to take a trip to Christchurch. I’ll have some time on my hands to do a bit of coin and relic fossicking. I’m unfamiliar with the area and was hoping for some hints where I could do some swinging. Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Whats, up.

Christchurch ( as with most of NZ these days to be honest XD ) has been hammered pretty hard but I can set you in the right direction. I assume you are looking to metal detect, some easy go to spots would just be hagley park, the big park in central city , thats been there forever and always pull out a bit from there , just make sure to fill in your holes propley and dont do any damage, I also have had a bit of luck at bradford park out at sydneham a few old silver coins from the 1930s and 1940s found there, and spreydon domain I have also had a bit of luck at no valuables there but a lot of just generally very old coins, like 1900’s pennys about a 1 in 4 strike rate there, but it has been hammered very hard by multiple detectors so hard to find a target . But I would say your best bet is still hagley its the go to spot for detecting in CHCH in my opnion. Good luck and let me know if you find anything !

Thanks Sluicer. Much appreciated. I will take your advice and hit those spots. Hopefully I will have some success, but if not its always therapeutic zoning in.

gday,message me when you get here. roy 1954

Will do. Will be there from 31st August to 4th Sept.

1 Like

are u here yet, waiting to hear from u.