Boxing day special

Hey folks,

I met up with a few friends on boxing day and headed into the wilderness to try and find some gold. After a hike into the location and setting up camp I headed off with my sniping gear to find my fortune, about 10.30am. By 1pm I had about a gram and a half in small pieces from a range of crevices. At this point I had a short break and considered my options. I chose a good looking crevice which cut across the river and had a good bedrock / current arrangement. After removing a little of the gravel which covered most of the crevice I spotted a couple of of slightly chunkier bits than what I’d got earlier. Well, shortly after this the crevice really pu on a show and in the following 1.5hours I found some fantastic gold. I ended up with 29.6g for the 4.5hrs I’d spent in the creek. This is pretty up there in terms of total gold Iver personally found in a day.

27 Likes

Holy F*%# man. That’s awesome Matt. Good for you. Better than my poxy two bits yesterday for .69 of a gram detecting with the Zed & 15" concentric coil. You put me to shame. :roll_eyes:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Gee that’s a good hourly rate. About $580. Well done.

Awesome good 4u sounds like the dream i had the other night but urs is real. On other note my other favorite hobby is fishing and i put a salmon in the bag today

2 Likes

Holy Hell Matt. That’s got to be up there with some of the best (half) days I’ve seen on here. Congratulations.
Sorry, didn’t catch the name of the creek…?

4 Likes

Shot bro nice work youl have to go bk and spend sum mor time ther

That’s some beautiful chunky gold. Well done Matt, a late Christmas pressie to yourself!

1 Like

Certainly a memorable day. It’s always worth keeping in mind that deposits like that still exist. Or at least existed until I cleaned this one out!

2 Likes