Best detector under $2k

Hi
Am looking to buy a detector for use in otago.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers

For gold I assume?

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Thats the one JW…any advice?

My kids are young teenagers and the misses has an hons degree in geology so its time for a new hobby…

3 Likes

Fisher gold bug 2 :sunglasses::+1:t3:

id go for gold bug 2 as well great once you get the hang of it and iron reject on it saves digging up to much junk

2 Likes

I love my gold monster ill never get rid of it. It finds smaller gold that other detectors have missed and can find nuggets quite deep in manual mode.
Heres some rescent outting finds with the gold monster, as you can see its very sensitive on shallow bedrock pickers/flakes.

8 Likes

If you can stretch slightly over $2k I’d recommend the Algoforce e1500 it’s the only detector you’ll ever need for all metals

1 Like

Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, or you could mayyybe find a good used GP/GPX series PI with coils for 2-3k

All of these options are good, but each has it’s pros and cons. The best choice depends on where and how you intend to use it.

2 Likes

I rate my equinox BUT if you are in areas with hotrocks and minerslised bedrock you’ll be better with a PI machine. Maybe a used Sdc2300

3 Likes

Hi Mangrove. I have sent you a personal message.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi Mathias.
Have you…or anyone…had use of the Garret ATGold?

Hmmmmm, can’t remember, a claim partner may have had one a while ago. I’m sure it finds gold. Any vlf from a reputable brand will likely do the job in the right conditions.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone.so.much knowledge on the forum. Cheers

2 Likes