Another 2 grams with the GPX 6000

Whoop whoop, it’s getting warmer and the creeks call again :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Well done Gavin, You will have it paid off in no time. :wink: Are you thinking of getting any of the Coiltek coils for it? Don’t bother getting the 17" Minelab mono coil.
What are your thoughts on it so far?

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Yeah, it’s going to take a while to pay off at this rate! :stuck_out_tongue: I think it’s deadly… those little nuggets really pop out with the GPX 6000! No plans to upgrade the coil for a while yet, but I do like the fact that it’s now an option.

You been getting out for a play much with this slightly warmer weather? Apart from this brief cold snap coming though of course.

1 Like

Beautiful looking place if u need a shovel hand gives a shout😁

2 Likes

LOL, it is a pretty cool spot. I’ve got it a fair bit now though so getting harder to find anything :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome, some bloody good looking bedrock and great GPX gold! I really think a coiltek 10X5 could benefit you in future to really get down into those tigther areas, it also seems to be much more stable underwater from what I can gather, Im not the expert at all though.

Keep it up and hopefully 2000 grams next time! (not that 2 grams is a bad haul thats still exceptional).

2 Likes

I imagine the Coiltek elliptical makes it a bit easier to pinpoint as well? That’s one thing that could speed the process up a bit.

1 Like

No doubts that its a great detector, I’d buy one if I had the available cash. But there isn’t a lot of that with a couple of kids and a house to pay for… I’ve done well enough with vlf detectors this far. Good luck on your next outing, check the unlikely spots in hammered areas as they sometimes hold surprises.

1 Like

Good advice indeed! Yes, I had reservations at spending so much even with the 2nd hand deal I got. Hopefully it’s versatile enough I won’t need a new toy for quite some time and it’ll be suitable due trips over the ditch.

1 Like

Well done Gav, some nice gold

1 Like