Additional Ads in the Forum

Full disclosure… to help the site cover its own costs I’m experimenting with a little additional advertising. Don’t worry - there’s no danger of plugs being pulled, it’s just preferable for it to pay its own way.

I know, I know - no-one really likes ads, but unfortunately they’re a necessary evil.

As an experiment you’ll start seeing extra ads pop in after every 10 posts on a conversation. Hopefully that’s not too intrusive.

4 Likes

would a subscription system be able to be worked. i guess you would have an idea of how much we would have to pay with the number of members here less a few who probably wouldnt join a pay to view site.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’d prefer to keep it a free space. Luckily Minelab have come back onboard with advertising, so with the extra ad slots all should be good. I think the most expensive part of the site is the Permit Map, so I might have a play there to see if I can get the costs down (the Mapbox fees can creep up a bit from month to month).

Personally, I’m happy with “relevant” ads, what really gets on my tits are things that are totally irrelevant to what I’m looking at, I really don’t need anymore panty liners or male grooming products.

2 Likes

Cheers @Mahoy, but I am starting to wonder about your search history now :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe that’s the fallback ads when Google has trouble tracking what your browser history is?!

1 Like

Lol.
I sometimes wonder how we get adverts, Google seem to be miles off with their algorithms, I can’t look at anything recently without being pestered to buy a rug!
Bloody hell, I’ve never Googled rugs in my life, honestly!
Cheers

1 Like

Oh so the ads from sex shops, condom manufacturers, the Ky company, massage parlours and for anal beads is related to the sites you look at…cant be. I am a good boy l am. If ads related to the sites you search then mine should be for walking frames, mobility scooters, dentures, adult napkins, age care residences and funeral parlours.

3 Likes

I’d recommend to stop letting the grandkids borrowing your laptop :wink: The youth of today!

1 Like

Hey I am too young to have grandkids - I am still interviewing suitable women to have kids!

I think I’ve found your problem re: odd ads :joy:

2 Likes