A better pic of what I found yesterday

here’s a better photo of rock the it’s light for its sise it looks like coal but more pumicey honestly not to sure hope these photos do it some justice

I wonder if the two rods are graphite or ferrite rods…just a thought.

I was thinking the same lammerlaws bit of a mystery

Carbon arclight electrodes mebbe?

Right what were they used for

Carbon electrode rods were used in search lights like the search lights used to scan the sky to pin point enemy bombers at night and smaller ones in cinema projectors.
Ferrite rods are used as aerials in transistor radios.

1 Like

Is there a battery compartment & does it vibrate. :joy: Sorry…couldn’t help myself. Lammerlaw brings the worst out of me.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Would that make it a pinpointer or am l inoccently naive - snigger snigger.

2 Likes

Anyone ealse feel free to have a jab possible tampons from bottom of rubbish bin?

Bit of lube and your away

Depends what you are pin pointing. :wink:

‘Mine’ shafts? Sink holes? Tropical moist sump holes?

Watch out if you are searching for those in the bush. You might fall down one. If the bush has been shaved you should be ok. I mean felled… :laughing:

That reminds me of a joke.

A punk rock chick got appendicitis & was rushed to hospital to have them removed. Being a punk rocker she had her pubic hairs down below dyed green & had tattooed next to it a sign saying, “Keep Off The Grass”. When she came too from having the operation she had a look down below to see the scar & stitches. The surgeon had written in pen next to her tattooed sign, “Sorry had to mow the lawn”.

3 Likes

Haha :joy:Funniest thing I’ve read in a while… Toilet humour, love it…

What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate?
I’m glad you asked…

12:05 pm: It’s time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it’s a lukewarm PBR and you don’t want to be a pansy in front of your older brother’s friends.

It’s suppose to be lemon flavored but it’s becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything lemon in their life. You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You down a cupcake like you’ve been saving it for the apocalypse because let’s face it…that time is here. It’s going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don’t care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You’re about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of impacted poop in your colon and you basically just drank the “safe for humans” version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it’s time. You’re wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser.

Take note…this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it’s boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you…you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can’t run… NEVER run! You pray to God there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3…2…1…

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary,…is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The poop/ water mixture you’ve just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down.

Is that blood?

False alarm.

That’s just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving…when you were 5. The smell is horrid…the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your butthole to soften the blow but it’s not working. The whole house just heard your liquid poop fart as it gurgled out of your butt.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything’s a blur. You have pooped out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800’s, and your butthole now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it.

You’re now curled up in the bathtub ugly crying because you have to remain within arm’s reach of the toilet at all times.

You have the poop sweats.

You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: Your family will never be able to unsee the things they’ve seen in the last 8 hours.

You’re broken.

Your butthole’s broken.

Your spirit’s broken.

Life as you know it will never be the same. But…tomorrow’s a new day. You’re going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear you have that doesn’t have a poop stain on it, and you’re going to run up to Target with the last shred of dignity you have left…and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You’ve earned it.

-unknown
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I love plumbing the depths of mine shafts though you have to be wary nowdays as some of these caverns harbour all sorts of undesirable dangers.
Dont really like those mine shafts where the surrounding country has been denuded of its vegetation as I have never been impressed by barren scenery though I do prefer a natural growth of sparse bush to an Amazonian type rain forest of nearly impenetrable jungle. Once again these thick rain forests can harbour all sorts of deadly monsters including the vermissious ‘crabicus pubicus’ which usually gets ardent miners running for professional help though apparently fly spray mixed with diesel and a match can solve that problem though its rather painful…apparently!

1 Like

Magnesium citrate ? I can think of better uses than drinking it. Oh my, that seems like way more magnesium than a sane human would consume in one go.
I made some calcium citrate by mixing citric acid with powdered eggshell and a smidge of water. Calcium citrate monohydrate is fairly insoluble so absorbs the water and sets to a solid plaster like material.

1 Like