45south mining GOLD

thanks for laying down the rules plain and clear Prich385 .

Hi Chris, Weā€™re doing the rail trail as a family these holidays and my son is super keen on gold panning and has a small sluice. Would you mind if he did a bit of fossicking in your area? Regards, Karin.

Hi Prich385 / 45 south
just new to this gold fever addiction :slight_smile: and have a had a small play around Dunnos with not much luck so might head up Danseys pass for a couple of days r&r before winter sets in and would love to have a pan by the camp ,will just use pan and ezy sluice if thatā€™s ok cheers StevO

i think that chris has stopped entry to that claim due to ppl using and abusing the privilege. may have changed but that was the situation when i asked a fair while back.

I have been working the lower part of the kyeburn, Campbellā€™s crossing to the taieri, possumong, there are a lot of people in there fosikiƱgā€¦

Hey Stevo Ive PM you

Hi Karin_Lill Ive PM you

Due to a whole lot of people going onto the Kyeburn and Little Kyeburn without asking for permission first, leaving rubbish, and generally thinking they have a right to be there we have decided not to allow further access onto the claim.

We have picked up a lot of photos of vehicles with names, faces and rego that we have provided through to the local Ranfurly Cop Jaco. These have also be passed onto NZPAM and we will be proceeding with prosecution.

As quite often happens a select group of people have ruined it for the ones who have asked

9 Likes

Fair enough good on you :)ā€¦ Is not so hard to get in contact and ask the claim ownerā€¦ !!

2 Likes

Hey @prich385 iā€™m not 100% sure how to private message. Iā€™m new to the forum and the fever, is there anyway we could chat?
Cheers Matt.

Sure Iā€™ll send you a private message to you now

If it rains at all while you are thereā€¦the Hogburnā€¦you canā€™t but help fall over the stuff in the hoggieā€¦dig a hole to pan inā€¦around the first ford in Naseby forest above the car park. Scrape up the grits on top of clay, the sides of the creek where the water has cut into and concentrated the old tailings, behind sarsen stone bouldersā€¦anywhere there has been recent flow within the confines of the creek bedā€¦:blush::v:

4 Likes

Thanks, the way the weather has been this far this summer we can count on pretty good rain at least one day!

My family is doing a quick camping trip out Naseby way and the kids are super excited about the possibility of hunting for some creek gold. Does anyone know is there anything in the area where weā€™d be allowed access with our literal pans? Iā€™m hoping to camp at the DOC ground up Danseys Pass, but weā€™ll be running around up around Ranfurly and wherever else is fun with kids. Iā€™m far more keen to hook a fish or two, but the boys would absolutely love a shot at the elusive prize, if anyone in the area is OK with random members of the public up in their business. I saw something about the Danseys Pass Campground renting pans so we may stop by and see what that looks like while weā€™re in the area. Any info appreciated!