To Swing Is My Thing

4 Likes

Thanks, your one lucky guy ain’t you. I need some new spots / permission desperately lol. I’m gonna send some more grumpy old men your way lol.

1 Like

Haha you try that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Really hate boring people like that, I mean, what’s their problem?

1 Like

1935 Threepence is what you want Goldenboy. They are a lot rarer and worth a few hundred bucks depending on condition. I see you have 1933, 1935 and upwards so your getting closer. Well done & good luck

HH

1 Like

I was approached yesterday by some guy yelling at me " you can’t dig there they are sport’s field’s" , so I pointed out that I was at least 60 meters away from them. To which he comes back with " the council spends millions maintaining these parks". I told him I had dug hundreds of holes in this park and pointed out he was standing on one I had done 2 minutes before. “Where” he said and I showed him, he stayed and watched me finish off the hole I was working on and said “oh your not making a mess your ok then” takes his dog and walks off. It’s hard to be polite and assertive some times.

5 Likes

I hear ya Golden boy there’s always any number of " Fun Police " out there trying hard to ruin a detectors fun. Must admit l am somewhat envious of all your finds!!! Having said that l realise how much time and effort one has to put in to get the rewards. Keep up the good work and the posts. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Gee you are vacuuming up those silvers Goldenboy!!

@CosmoCoinage
Tell me about it. I can’t find a hole I made 1 minute previous only a metre away!

2 Likes

Been hunting a good spot for a few days, pulling up lots of nice silvers and old pennies. Today I got really lucky…

Took a break from the detecting to check my Facebook only to se how one lucky guy had found an old silver, a “Bun Head”. I made a comment about how badly I wanted to find one of those and bugger me, literally 10 minute later I find an One Shilling from 1879, a Young Head! I’m probably the happiest Swede in New Zealand right now :yum:

5 Likes

My point exactly, as long as you’re not making a mess and refilling all your holes it shouldn’t be any problem :no_good_man:t3: However, what does the law say, is it on our side?

2 Likes

It is legal to detect in parks, I’ve had the police pull over and watch me a few times but they always drive off and I’m sure they would come and say something if there was a problem. Nice silver’s by the way always nice to see young Vicky well done HH & GL.

1 Like

Nice old silver Elias have you detected back home?
Would be cool to find some OLD stuff

1 Like

Goldenboy are you getting these coins with your Goldmonster?

1 Like

Nice going Elias. Congrats. You are having the time of your life. Thanks for sharing your adventures & finds. I took a friend to a spot over Alex way for a gold detect. Most likely one of the places you went when you were in Alex. He was swinging his Equinox 800 (he took his GM 1000 but just stuck with the EQ) & scored 5 little bits detecting in Gold Mode 1, full max sensitivity of 25 & Multi IQ, which is running both 20Khz & 40 Khz together. You can run it in either of those individual Khz settings. 20 Khz for bigger deeper gold & 40 Khz for smaller/tiny closer to surface stuff. As you will know from the 45 Khz of your GM 1000. Some voodoo stuff seems to be happening with the EQ in Multi IQ. The rest of the setting just left in factory pre set.
I just stuck with my Zed & also managed 5 little bits. Which surprised me as I have thrashed this area over the years with my PI detectors & the Zed. I was running in 18 sensitivity which getting pretty high up & takes a bit of a trained ear to pick a signal among a bit of rattyness in that high end sensitivity threshold noise.

Keep up the good work & best of luck out there

JW :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Chris!

Done lots of detecting at home, problem is metal detecting is illegal without a permission, which is hard to get if you want to go elsewhere than the beach. The permission used to be free to apply for, however since the begging of 2018 you have to pay a fee of 140$ and that’s for EACH permission! They’re trying to kill the hobby, but I don’t care, I swing my detector anyway. They can try to stop me hah! Staying away from historical places such as grave fields etc. Common sense I guess :innocent:

Oldest coin so far is a bronze coin from early 1600s. Oldest silver: 1898 1 Swedish Krona. Old silvers seem really hard to find for some reason… :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks!

Then I shouldn’t worry to much about old men complaining? Don’t want to get in trouble lol :joy:

Nope, only use the Monster for gold prospecting, it’s not suitable for anything else I would say. XP Deus is the machine I use in parks :innocent:

Thanks! That’s some nice gold :heart_eyes: Haven’t made it to the west coast yet, got a bit distracted on the way. So I’m still in Alex haha :roll_eyes: