To Swing Is My Thing

Some great finds here but I keep looking a tthe title ‘To Swing is my Thing’ and the connotations make me realise that I am in the wrong game - I always wanted to be a Swinger!

Being serious I do like the silvers and like almost everyone else here I do have a soft spot for them so love seeing what others find…even if it makes me jellyarse!

2 Likes

Thanks guys for all your advice! The aluminium foil and baking soda method is a classic :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sorry, Lammerlaw for giving you the wrong idea with my title :joy: Metal detecting might not be as erotic, but it sure is satisfying :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hey I am a swinger of old :wink: I totally understand - I can swing with the best of them - jars of old treasures and stuff and on the other hand they say I have kids everywhere! All forms of swinging are satisfying - let me assure you of that.

3 Likes

The “Senior Club Swinging Team” of Surrey Hills Convent, Grey Lynn, Auckland

Apparently Swinging was popular back in the 1800’s :blush:

2 Likes

hay lammenlaw do you recognize any of these?

No I went for the older more mature ones 21 plus. I am wondering what the devices they are holding are for. I can’t see where the batteries go and my mind is running riot about their use but I don’t think I want to go there. Are you sure that it’s not a photo of female police cadets after all those knobkerrie things look pretty formidable and a couple of those older women look a bit butch and one looks like Irma Grese…for all you swingers if you dont know who Irma Grese is then let Google be your friend…hint she became a client of Albert Pierrepoint…and if you don’t know who he is then your uneducated!

2 Likes

Real happy looking lot. Maybe the cameraman forgot to say cheese.

1 Like

those things they are holding onto so tightly and fondly in those days were clockwork. you wind them up and watch them go (you could write a song on those lines). I like the long hair used for all sorts of things

Love long hair…on the head anyway. Yes it sure can be used for many things including using as a substitute for paper bags when you are suffering from desperate days syndrome and are making use of what errant sailors call ‘Any port in a storm’ It can also be used as a handkerchief when your in a position where no handkerchief is in easy reach and the moment is too much fun to take a break from whatever it is you are doing…the mind boggles!

1 Like

Some of my latest finds, new location though :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow, this makes me want to get out there!! I’m planning a trip.

1 Like

Nice locket find. Any Hallmarks?

MK

1 Like

That’s a very nice gold case you have there Goldenboy. It should have a marking on it somewhere. Got to be at least 9 carat with that colour and the time it’s been in the ground.

Well done

1 Like

Thanks! It’s marked 9C on the back :nerd_face::ok_hand:t2:

It sure is. Realized it was gold as soon as I saw it glimmering in the dirt, man was I happy! It’s marked 9C :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome finds there can’t beat finding gold

2 Likes

My second gold (here in New Zealand)! I’m really pleased with this neat little heart ring :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

You lucky bastard I tried so hard to find one this weekend, well done. What did it ring up as?.

Solid 45 on the Deus :innocent: Found a bunch of silver as well, no half crowns though haha :roll_eyes:

1 Like