SoilSurfers Stuff

Its a great idea but it would take me too long at the moment to list them plus condition - I like British coins and have three or four as far back as King John and Edward III.

All good, If you have a specific coin you want looked up just let me know although these days you can always just ask google. Iā€™m a British coin fancier myself, If you want a good read I highly recommend the ESC (English Silver Coinage from 1649) Just packed full of circulation, proof & pattern coins you may have never heard about.

Quick local hunt tonight. The silver swastika badge thing is pretty cool, made in Birmingham! & maybe service number on the back? Seems weird!

4 Likes

Silver registration number I think - at least I see similar numbers on the silver stuff I have seen. Its a bloody cracker - I love it and the fact that it is orientated with the corners up in relationship to the pin makes me think it is a Nazi Swastika rather than a Good luck one despite being British I think.

What ever its origins it is one of the bestest things I have seen yet.

So a swastika standing on its point is German, I didnā€™t know that cheers. I think itā€™s strange that it was made in Englandā€¦ok Iā€™ve sussed the date letter as 1911 so kinda explains why it was made in Englandā€¦WW1 hadnā€™t started

The Swastika idea is interestingā€¦hmmā€¦the Germans had not adopted it in 1911. I have a garden spade here which is pre war and nearly new condition and it has ā€˜Skeltonā€™ ā€˜Kia Oraā€™ and a Swastika so thatā€™s weird as well.

Nice little haul there soilsurfer, swastika is a very interesting piece.

The swastika simble was like a 4 leaf clover and concidered a lucky charm about the time it was madeā€¦ According to www

On a bit of a detectorthon at the moā€¦ Hereā€™s the first days result.

Then tonight which was a little slow.

Letā€™s see what tomorrow brings!!

4 Likes

We will have to rename you ā€˜The Threepenny Kidā€™ - great going though. Any silver is good silver. Love it.

Good luck for today.:grinning:

Yeah just cleaning up the scraps at this spotā€¦could be a sneaky half sov hiding somewhereā€¦:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Cheers dude Iā€™ll probably need some luckā€¦but you never knowā€¦:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like