Old toys found at Maitai reserve

Found a couple of old toys up the Maitai reserve in Nelson . A shame they are not complete. The sidechair is 1960’s made in England.
The car has no markings but I assume it’s even older 20181010_194743|281x500

2 Likes

4 Likes

There’s a toy collector out Taranaki way, try Google, that will give you a detailed age and maker for it, and they do acquire should you want to part with it. Lucky you that it looks in one piece and the mower didn’t bend it, if it’s lead, you could be looking at an age. Nice.

Unfortunately the car is pretty stuffed. The body is eaten away in places. Still fun to find. My wife thinks I’m nuts getting excited about old broken toys :blush:

1 Like

Perspective Mrs Torb, there’s far more harmful hobbies to have. If you go get a date on the larger toy it at least gives you a window on the site potential, next task is finding where the childminder sat and, with any luck, dropped coins.

1 Like

did you find my old car? sounds like it eaten out in places with rust

1 Like

Wow. You must be old😆

1 Like

When I read the title I thought ‘what the hell’s being going on in Maitai Reserve for old ‘toys’ to be found there - a swingers party?’ Just my mind I guess!l

Some older toys are worth a dollar or two if recovered in good condition. About 1958 I lost a new Matchbox fire engine at a ground in Mosgiel where they played or practiced rugby. Maybe one day someone will find it though I suspect they would get into a bit of strife as they would not be popular smashing holes in the concrete floor of the old Countdown Supermarket under which it would have to be.

2 Likes

the car looks 1950s a model of a single seater fi racer looks like it had red paint maybe alfa romeo they were painted red unlike ferrari were would you believe blue.

1 Like