Lowest Tide Hunt This Weekend

Lowest tide of the year this week, headin out tomoro to hunt in the low tide mud.
Go hard everyone.
Below is a pic from an old hunt some years back.

Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

2 Likes

got to be in to win.go hard

1 Like

I went hard. Hunted high - hunted low (obviously as it was low tide) hunted all over the show.

Bestist find a 925 ring.
Was black and browned stained, barely recognisable when found from years in the mud. Gave it the dish washer scourer pad treetment.

And a cool looking seashore rock.

Best coin find was a 1964 NZ Threepence.

:beers:

3 Likes

Me to. First time out with a Gofind 60. 1.45pm low tide Saturday

1 Like

Awesome, go hard with the Gofind. Post all ya finds when you can. HH

Wondering what everyone else found - looks like my mega sized silver ring mite have been the only cool lowest tide of the year find… possibly.

:beers:

1 Like

Nice, any better photo’s of the silver?

1 Like

Cool Pandemic, was really just winding everyone up to see if i could get a reaction…
Heres a few more pics of the finds.

That tiny black square is the smallest 925 mark ever. Even hard to see thru a loupe.

2 Likes

And some GOLD

4 Likes

got some great stuff there,is that wild pigs tooth mounted as a pendant

1 Like

Never really got to the bottom of what it was. I did take it to this antiques place and they said it was most probly ceramic.

Looks like a glazed ceramic, appears to be pinholes in the glaze, and the brown striations don’t really suggest ‘organic’ growth. Any chance of a close up looking across the surface of the ‘broken’ end?

That’s some awesome pirate gold in the last pic :skull_crossbones:

1 Like

Everyone looked at, couldn’t id it, thats when i went to someone who mite know. Apparently the flavour of the day was back in the early 1900’s up around mid maybe, possibly after… was a ceramic piece - with hand crafted catch.
All the G in that last pic was note the ring in the middle found with an Ace 250.
Will do sum pics when the sun comes up.

Choice :beers:

Le ol’ Glory Jar

Bits from way up North

And the GOLD

Shano

3 Likes

Definately ceramic.

3 Likes

I love that half penny, what country is that from?

Quick search thru my records and it’s a 1971 UK half new penny.

1 Like