Kwikeiths west coast places

Correct…that is it, up from the creek bed up the hill…thats the story I was told from an old dog. Wasn’t planning on going there given the Maori history and remains

it wasn’t a BLACK DOG by any chance???

More a shade of tan old dog

1 Like

Check this; Leach B F 2007 Serendipity cave.

1 Like

Yep thats the spot also known as arataonga cave

I would imagine that being so close to the Smoothwater bay walking track from Jackson’s that it’s been checked out. Relative easy walk to get there even after the last slip wiped out the start of the walk carpark end.

Yeah its a peice of cake wandering there. Have seen some big animals in that bush too

Really…:shushing_face:

chasing round up Denniston looking for different stuff. or rocks . wasn’t long after this I rolled the quad on top of me. theres that "BLACK DOG " again.

4 Likes

Hey me is jellyarse. Looks great.

yep lots of fun . note that 45/70 a carry round just to look cool.
bit slow today cant walk without my poles, took a little bit to dig out from under the bloody thing.
“BLACK DOG” jump of pretty quick. no damage to the quad so back out there again soon

1 Like

Yep noted the heater and love it. Its got the same clout as my Earsplitingloudenboomer (Led Zeppelin) which I some times carry for pigs. Original 1863 Sharps in artillery shell caliber.

The Sharps is the best utility tool you could wish for - starts fires, singes ducks, makes post holes, lights the way in the darkness, fells trees, moves rocks and you can even blast pigs to Purgatory with it.

5 Likes

Holy crap Keith!!..settle down there young fella …ya can’t go around rolling quads on top of ya!!

1 Like

That’s what you call firepower ! Awesome

might stay home today. snow on the hills behind hector/granity
check out tvf1 news tonight , I think the “BLACK DOG” will be there

1 Like

Well bugger my days…a squadron of errant seagulls has flown over during their winter migration and pooped on the hills.

Ha ha there goes that black dog at it again…sniffing out the rubbish

Here’s an internal view from within said cave, certainty an eerie feeling there. On the way in there is a curious square pit cut about 1.5 meters each side and by memory a foot or so deep by the creek. Also where you follow the submerged creek to the entrance there’s a few places where the cave system collapsed leaving sink holes, watch for them!

1 Like

yep “BLACK DOG” now on national tv.

Looks like he is recovering from some sort of abuse…