Cosmo's finds enjoy

I agree about mud being underrated. I once found an old stoneware Numol Lecithin Food and Body Builder Bottle circ. 1900.

5 Likes

Went for a quick hunt last night a plague of 1 & 2 cent pieces, 2 1950s pennies and this my first dug token (milner and tompson 1881)

7 Likes

Nice one Cosmo. Great detail.

1 Like

Thanks it made my day, no silver in two weeks so was happy with this.

thats a beauty,best dug one ive seen

1 Like

WOW that is a realy beauty!

1 Like

Went for a quick hunt while son played at the park. Finally got a piece of silver after 26 days, $7.40 in spendies and a 1908 british half.

2 Likes

Cosmo, is that your lost dog tag there Nosmo?

Well done on the ring.

HH

1 Like

Thanks. Yes had a little laugh about that.

Quick hunt tonight at a new spot. Two copper brooch, watch winder( I think), 1921 British half, 1946 penny, 1934 3d, 1939 sixpence and $2 spendies.

5 Likes

Good going possum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got offered a permission this week small section was built in 60s/70s but you never know so gave it a go last night a few old decimals but was happy with old lead canon.

5 Likes

Beauty lead cannon.

Don’t knock the ‘recent’ sites. I got two permissions, both from the eighties. First turned up a sliver necklace, the second an old Chinese coin - looks like it had been brought in with fill.

(I think the ‘watch winder’ might be an electrical lug connection?)

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes could possibly be an electrical connector. Found this pic I think its the same cannon date from 1940s.

I will hunt any ground I can get permission for lol. HH & GL.

2 Likes

They are so similar that you might think that the person who designed the more modern of the two took his design from the older one but they are not the same - nearly but not. You had a nice find though and I sure like it.
The photo of the second one might indicate that it is made of brass where as yours might be zinc.
Yours might be a howitzer which was a field piece designed to more or less lob projectiles at a high angle while the lower gun is a direct fire low trajectory piece.

2 Likes

I think the incandescent lighting is casting a yellow hue Lammerlaw.

1 Like

There might be yellow paint on the second as there is dark green on mine, I believe it is lead as it’s so soft. Barrel obviously broken and has multiple dents, still like finding l old metal toys :grinning:

1 Like

Yes I can understand that - I have a lead soldier a bit worse for wear that I found with my Garrett Deepseeker back about 1982 and its a treasured possession to this day.
Yes it could well be lead and yes bits did tend to break off them over the years.

1 Like

A small hunt tonight nothing special. First 303 blank.

And the trash.

4 Likes

Good stuff Cosmo, ya gotta dig the trash to find the treasure.

1 Like