Clean up methods

After a hard day dredging or high banking what are the methods people use to do a gold clean up. Do you take it home or on site do you pan it or mini sluice set up , gold cube or wheel or a le trap on the dredge with low flow.

1 Like

I take my concentrates home then clean then up at my leisure using a bucket sluice…

http://www.paydirt.co.nz/forums/yaf_postst6365_Bucket-Sluice-Concentrator.aspx

Wouldn’t mind trying out one of those Gold Cubes though…

https://www.dredgenz.co.nz/product-category/gold-cube/

1 Like

Mostly I put it through my Gold Cube on site

1 Like

same as gavin. take mine home and clean at my leisure. hope to get out once more before winter and get a bit of dirt to play with during the cold months. helps keep the withdrawal symptoms down.

2 Likes

Daniel Gerber reckons using a Le Trap Sluice Box in the dredge sluice box itself, running on low I imagine, is a great way to clean up the concentrates at the end. May need to cut it down to size to get the best fit.

1 Like

I bought a le trap off Daniel, they are brilliant at cleaning up especially if you have large amounts of concerntrates , im confident they don’t loose gold if you have revs low enough

1 Like

A le trap looks a light lighter and easyer to trasport unto the hills than a gold cube a d if it is just as efficient i think that is the way to go. it will save me doing like10 pans after a day on the 5 inch

1 Like

plus 1 for the le trap , some time ago I got sic of sitting there for hours running con,s from the 8 or 6inch “id store mine for a rainy day” & setup the le trap recirculate style in the garage , so my cunning plan was to make a self feeder I did this using a road cone hung from the roof & an old latex glue bottle nozzle attached to the end of the road cone to give a good constant feed “holes around 5mm” , so long as you have screened the cons so there’s no stones big enough to block the nozzle you can fill the cone 3/4 full & top the rest up with water & walk away for half an hour or so then just keep topping it up with cons & water…if the water runs out the cons will stop running .

2 Likes

Here’s a few pics

2 Likes

This was supposed to be the first pic .

End result :money_mouth_face:
025%20(Copy)

3 Likes