Winter activities

Ended up going up moonlight, first time there. Great spot but pretty strong flow in the river. Found one nice piece in a test pan and then basically nothing else.

1 Like

Did u do a video mate

Nice one, yeah suprisngly sizeable river moonlight aye, yeah that was what happened to us our first ever trip there, test panned and got insane flake count test pans and then the gold just poof, dissapeared, was just all flood gold sitting on top of the overburden, we find the best strategy is find somehwere you can get to bedrock somewhat easily and just follow it along until you hit the right deposit/crevice, we got a fair bit just detecting and crevicing last time we were there too.

Cheers

1 Like

The moonlight is a fantastic river. Has been hit very hard but there are bound to be some nuggets lurking somewhere. I’ve had some great times there

4 Likes

Dig deep up there or you will find disappointment

2 Likes

Agreed…People don’t dig deep enough…
Still bloody good gold there…:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Dredging all through winter. Waters cold but I have a pretty good hot water system. Soon as the river gets cloudy with a fresh I jack it in. More days off in winter though waiting for river to drop. Soon as it clears I’m in. I find it’s colder out of the river than in it. It’s hard going winter dredging but it makes you appreciate a low river and summer days.

4 Likes

What’s with the bullshit link? Took me to this

Lol nice, I’m not sure what kind of strange we are dealing here?

1 Like