Show us ya Gold!

Hope your bringing it with you :slight_smile:

will enjoy watching what JW posts from his weekend finds on Monday

Unfortunately the water pump has packed a sad in my wagon which is now in the workshop. So I wont be going far from home this weekend. :roll_eyes:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Nah JW…steal a wagon…from the missus…neighbour…friends and family just get out there!!!..say its a family emergency …lol…your on a patch!!..get on it JW!!!

It will still be there next weekend. :wink: I am heading out tomorrow, weather permitting, to a more local to Queenstown spot. How did you get on. Did you get your 3.5 grams?

get them to change the timing belt at the same time if its close to due

Not sure…haven’t done the cons yet…yeah great time was had…

1 Like

Sometimes the gold you get isn’t in the snuffter bottle. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

And it always looks bigger in ya sluice

1 Like

Totally agree with you there Mal. :+1:

found this few weeks back my best piece yet

17 Likes

That is nothing short of spectacular Danno; congratulations. Inspired me to never give up!

1 Like

You found it!!! It fell outa my pocket last year thanks for finding it ill pm you my address to send it to me lol.

good shit thats a hell of a lil yellow rock you got there.

1 Like

The nugget of a lifetime well done danno

1 Like

Nice one danno, how did you find this beast? Well done

1 Like

A really beaut fishing sinker! Already got a hole in it to thread the line.
Well done - a great find.

1 Like

Wow that’s a monster!..we got nothing like that this labour weekend just gone…however did meet up with some good people while prospecting different spots…sluicing…sniping…blacksanding…creviousing…lifting slabs…caught up with jade…together we fed his sluice for a couple of hours and this is what we ended up with.(Magified)…0.25 grams maybe!..good fun!

6 Likes

Went down to Nelson creek on the long weekend. Orignally went to the back creek which was much harder to accsess, taking us 1 hour down the track and then a while through dense bush, we then hit the upper end of the creek but there was no where near enhough flow to even pan let alone sluice, so we went miles downstream ( luckily few signs of other workings) and finally found a spot with enhough flow to sluice, but rubbish result only a few tiny flakes for 6 buckets worth, so we went down to prices creek ( the lower creek right next to the campsite) orignally not a very good result there either, but we went ages upstream and found a little waterfall bit, sluiced that out and actually got a pretty good result pulling out around 1/2 a gram for 10 buckets from the hole which was no to bad at all .! ( sorry for bad image quality I realized I only have video footage of it not an actual picture ) Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.21.46 PM|193x255

But overall not to bad, and nelson creek seems pretty underused as we saw 1 sign of other workings our whole time walking up and down both creeks and there was no one there over the long weekend, but if you look hard enhough there is gold to be had there. Heres a link to the video we took if you guys want to check it out. Gold Prospecting Nelson Creek Fossicking Area! Claugheys/Prices Creek. - YouTube

3 Likes

Only managed 4 little suckers for just over half a gram on my sunday afternoon detect. Better than nothing though.

3 Likes

Nice gold? I was wondering where do you go detecting? Is it normally in a creek bed or old timers tailings? I assume its mostly in central otago. Not trying to steal your spot at all im just wondering, as I have never had any luck detecting on west coast creek beds, even at our friends claim which is renowned for having large nuggets and has never been detected over and even when the clay is only 40CM-1M deep I have never got any gold out of it, and we even dig holes and sluice them out and end up finding solid pickers/small nuggets (like 0.1-0.3 gram pieces most often our record being 0.6 from the 3 sluicing trips ) but the detector never picks anything up from the surface, I have waved the gold over it and it makes nice solid dings even on tiny pieces less then 0.01 of a gram at close range although it does only pick even the larger pieces up at a depth of around 20CM or so, but even so I have spent days detecting there and never got anything other then old scrap metal out of it ( I have gold monster 1000 ). I was just wondering if maybe creek beds arent the solution or do you detect in creek beds as well?