Mission Man Tasked Hunting Down Cowboys Illegally Mining Gold in NZ

“Anger over rights to Mine”… it really bugs me when fisherman use the protection of an introduced pest that has decimated the native aquatic wildlife as an argument against dredging… trout are nothing more than vermin, nothing more than rats ferrets and possums… touting the protection the trout fishery as an ecological cause is an oxymoron…

Mind you I do have a license and landed 5 nice trout in the last week… and I am not saying where.

4 Likes

Yeah I guess they want to destroy mining for the little guy.
It makes sense to have mining rights. They would be making money instead of losing it.
I’d be happy to pay $50, $100, even $250.
Most people would pay if it meant they did not have to do anything illegal. It would filter the hobbyist from actual criminals.

3 Likes

Judith Collins. ministry of resources and energy may be a starting point for an answer to problems but wouldn’t expect any changes from her to make it easier to go for a legal pan anywhere.

just like lammerlaw said it all was a set up and the news crew cut out quite a bit of what the guy from hydrolink in greymouth was saying and made him out like he all for the poaches but thats not the case what he was saying if we where to approach some of the miners and ask if we can play there that would be better than getting caught there and with putting up the prices they only going to get more illegal mining happening now

2 Likes

One would hope that common sense would prevail in most instances where hobby prospectors where caught red handed digging a wee hole in some random creek anywhere in the south island.
I get the impression after reading the ODT article "Two suction dredge busts"that our mate Mr Adams is more concerned about prosecuting larger operations working with no permits or working other peoples claims,I hope so!
The environmental issues that some people raise has me somewhat perplexed(hey I’m as bigger tree hugger as the next man) as the erosion and sediment created in even single flooding event far out weighs what the average mining operation would produce in an entire season.
Remembering that the biggest single cause of deforestation in NZ is Landcorp pushing ahead dairy conversions!!!(Central North Island)…Dont get me started…I’m a save the whole forest not just the tree sort of guy!!!
Yes much more fossicking areas would great(hey maybe even one in the north Island) giving the general public easier access to get in and have a go…then lose interest due to much hard work and very little gold.
Ultimately there should be provision for some sort of miners right held to an individual that wants to explore the far reaches of our beautiful land and find a little colour or maybe more than a little,would definitely help clear up the grey area on this issue and I think the government should be open to this option…would require constant pressure from us the voters…could be applied for online much like a hunting permit.
To conclude I would like to think that if I did meet Jackie Adams while panning for a few colours that I could pour him a fresh brew and enter into civil conversation…failing that a cold Guinness or a wee Dram!!!that should soften em up…lol!

5 Likes

The entire situation is actually the MOST obvious example of the suppression of the rights of New Zealanders - is this what has happened? Back in the 1960s to the early 1970s you could buy a ‘Miners Right’ to go fossicking ANYWHERE on crown land.

Is it coincidence that the money borrowed from the overseas bankers - banks owned by Rothschilds, Morgans etc was coming due and that under the Fractional Reserve System it was borrowed it could NEVER be paid back

Is it coincidence that around the same time the Government begins selling off State owned assets which are bought up by the wealthy bankers and their mates?

Is it coincidence that the State begins to exert its self awarded rights to all the Petroleum and Minerals?

Is it coincidence that suddenly New Zealand citizens are only allowed to fossick for gold in designated fossicking areas OR pay draconian prices for a claim, draconian prices most can ill afford with requirements that few can understand and complete the paperwork for without professional help?

Is it coincidence that the gold from Macraes goes to the Rothschilds and the bankers who loaned us money to create ‘The Welfare State’ and the state takes a 1 percent royalty?

I should think not - the bankers own the gold, or at least think they do. It is not the State - it is the bankers and THEY CALL THE TUNE.

Maybe I am wrong - the future will tell.

2 Likes

since all you guys have been watching this i have already sent a letter to them about a miners right paid per day . because if your interested in sluicing or panning paying per day should not be a problem for anyone as long as you hold a official paper with the correct stamp on it ( problem solved

2 Likes

who did u send the letter to.

Damn hell dredgers! I spoke to a doc guy in the shotover last year who counted 19! Dredgers in a deep creek tributary as he was flying home? If that’s not dodgy I don’t know what is. Imagine the organization getting that all set up. And the private chartered chopper pilots must know it seems fishy.

3 Likes

to nzpm that is where my letter went

u will probably get the same answer I got. they are looking in to the possibility of doing this. don’t expect anything to happen though. I have asked the same question over the last few years and its a stock standard answer I think to get people off their backs. have been considering an email to Judith Collins but I suspect she will say contact nzpam. good luck anyway. please let us all know how you go.

1 Like

what if someone was to right a detailed letter and post it on here and everyone here was to copy it and send it to nzpam it might wake them up a bit maybe

1 Like

I’m going to start a petition, just need to find a bit of time to work out wording and what we’re asking for. Once I’ve done I’ll post hear for feedback, then make it live once reviewed & tweaked.

3 Likes

A miners right should be for one year as had been the case for all those years. A daily miners right is a waste of time to be honest. It should of course have restrictions - pan and shovel only or a glass bottom box to see crevices etc but in any case no machinery of any kind - no disturbing the banks and so on.

As for those who think it would give pro gratis permission for a gold rush and stampede then it is merely foolish scaremongering. When gold escalated in value out of all proportion at the time there was very little interest. In fact nothing changed really.

I remember full well when gold shot up from about $35 an ounce to first $150 and soon after upwards of $300 - there was no rush - there was not even a ripple on the water.

4 Likes

this is what you get when the big companies do the mining . maybe not for gold but in this case coal. the public can see to the top of the hill on the bush side but here is what it looks like at the back where you are not meant to be or see.

3 Likes

Make sure it is a written signature petition. No one pays attention to online only petitions.

Can you provide some evidence to back up claim for my own curiosity? I’m try to figure out best way to go about it, so if you have an authoritative guideline somewhere I can reference it would be much appreciated and will hopefully prevent me wasting my time by doing it wrong.

1 Like

If everyone has something they can print out, sign their name address etc then post off to nzpam that will get a far better response than emails or a petition on facebook or petition website.

Even if we all emailed them, those can be simply filed into junk or spam. It takes no effort to email or even send fake emails. But writing letters even printed letters with a signature carrys more effort and meaning.

I’m not hopeful that things will change, there just aren’t enough of us, and those in power are after tax dollars & large economic numbers to swing about politically.
The hope is that a miners right will not only save the police money, but also generate money for the government. It’s a small hope, it might just work, there have been miners rights in the past.
Really wish judith collins wasn’t in charge.
The greens and hippies will probably kick up a major stink too, not sure about the west coast but in the coromandel they will go batshit! The way to play them off is give them the facts about it being low intensity, its already happening, may as well distinguish the cowboy criminals from the rest and get some revenue for underfunded DOC. Also tell them its local miners that care about nz, not the big overseas corporates that will come in give all the taxes to the National govt, destroy and leave.

You only need to look at Macraes to see what this country is about - complete destruction of a wonderful environment all in the name of GOLD - of which the government gets a 1 percent token royalty and the Rothschilds I understand get the rest as they buy it form the miners. We are told how much it benefits New Zealand - ha de haha - it employees some New Zealanders and brings some money into the local economy BUT the Lions share is the gold itself. The Sheeples are blind!
The dimensions are about 7 kilometers by 6.5 kilometers
BUT you cant pan a bit of gold on the side of the Clutha River - now you tell me WHO owns this country?

1 Like

Producing 170,000 ounces of gold a year!!!.. at $1733 per ounce = annual return of 295 million dollars … paying our government a measly 2.9 million…yes I see what you mean Lammerlaw…I just have one question!!!..can’t NZ just dig our own huge hole?

2 Likes