Have you reached Peak gold

I happy that you found the end of the rainbow🌈 Seeing as were around the fire again…at the Vulcan…I will do something I dont usually do and flop it out🍆 Photos of fine gold from test panning in June before I had a gold fields accident and took a rock to my eye and nearly ruptured it. We had to take me to Palmerston and meet the ambulance. I started hallucinating when they gave me the ‘green whistle’ for the pain. I could see my own skull and even though both my eyes were bandaged shut, any time somebody spoke I could ‘see’ a fuzzy green/yellow blob of their form in the void! Because of the shock my body stopped working and I could not pee and I really needed too…we stopped twice on the way so I could try but it would not work until we got to the ambulance and the pain relief kicked in and I had to prevent my self being in shame whilst in this state. Whst happened was earlier in the day there was an omen…my mate lifted a rock and a lizzard popped out an he got his 6 year olds attention and said “hey look a lizzard”, dropping the rock on it by accident. He was really upset(my mate not the kid)and we said “this can’t be good”. Within half an hour a 400kg Boulder fell out if the bank as I was making it safe(feverish digging the pay dirt). Just took me by surprise the silence then thud as my hammer was whisked from my hand and the thing brushed my fringe. We then said it definitely was an omen and they come in three’s! Well 6yearold was firing cookie sized rocks from his slingshot later that evening and I happened to step up from behind a hill as he lobbed one my way and I walked straight into it. One of the worst pains.
IMG_20220702_160448_827
I love the variety of Otago Au. This gold being mainly derived from an immediate source, quartz reefs feeding a main river system. And some water worn gold that wss ultimately derived from Hogburn Gravels.
IMG_20220702_160448_918

3 Likes

They do say Otago is a Twighlight gold feild but last season was fantastic. Weather was great and rivers were low.

This season is going to be good. We have had some massive floods and more will come in the fresh reconcentrating the gold and clearing out didymo etc.

Plus the gold price is high

Whats not too love.

4 Likes

fuel and food prices

3 Likes

True that. Carless days are on the comeback I would imagine lol

Yip all part of the WEF plan , what next monkeypox lockdowns im picking

1 Like

What a farce that was as it wasted more petrol than it should have but thats politicians for you. I travelled a fair way to work and had a Hillman Minx or Humber 80 for work and a Landrover for weekends - My carless day for the Landrover had to be a week day but so to did the carless day for my car inorder to leave weekend options open. This meant consuming twice as much petrol on one day during the week as I was forced to use the Landrover to go to work!

1 Like

Indeed. Made no sense at all. Just created havoc as per usual.
National grid won’t be able to hack all these battery powered shitboxes they call cars soon.
Give me a mule to ride to the creek anyday…:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Doon - Heres my mule - bought it to access the top of our claim many moons ago. Still got all the gear and maybe looking for another Cayuse. This one certainly was one in some respects…it was unruly!
Years ago out pig hunting on it the blasted thing stampeded with me on it and before it got to the Tasman Sea and began to swim for Tassie I seriously contemplated shooting it to stop it - while hanging on for grim life.
It took ages to motivate it to go anywhere and when we got there all you did was turn its head for home and it broke the sound barrier.

If I get another horse and I still have all my horse gear then it will be an Appaloosa.

3 Likes

Can your horse jump a fence? Might come inhandy for getting to the top of your claim again this summer. :wink: I never thought of a horse. :+1:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

He aint jumping anything because hes dead at the moment. I am thinking of getting another horse and as for the fence we will cross that when the problem arises.
Daughter was trying to get me to buy an EBike but I havent got much faith in them after trying out one because when ever you were going down hill it gave a distinct electrical fire smell as if the motor was trying to burn out.
I know where theres a 125 trail bike though…yes I know - the fence!
I was looking at a Gyrocopter for sale this morning but it is incomplete and I dont know a thing about them - its also in Auckland - Trademe $15,000
I do have another suggestion though and just as crazy.
As for thinking - it doesnt pay to think, burns out brain cells and l dont have many left.

What a stunning horse mate. Great way to get to those remote spots with all your gear.
That’s impressive.
I’ve always had my little AG 100 to get me up the hills haha.
That’s my mule for now…:call_me_hand:

125… fence… ramps. Quad bike… fence… ramps. How about one of these. nice little tray deck on the back for carrying stuff. Again, fence… ramps :+1:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/quads-atvs/honda/listing/3635328935?bof=Rw9A4UPk

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

hi kiwijw some proof

8 Likes

some more

11 Likes

I know a builder who could make up a nice set of ramps!

1 Like

That’s some great gold!

1 Like

Good on ya Danno, I always thought you were a bloody gold magnet…

1 Like