Group Dredging Opportunity for Annual Fee

Very keen, sounds like a great idea.
Please keep us informed.

Its is a generous offer I wont be able to refuse. Love the idea of forming an organization to represent the little guy. We appear to be powerless to influence anyone at the moment.

2 Likes

sounds great good prices i could well be interested …

Just an update, we are still moving forward with this venture. The feedback we had on the Clutha River was it was too intimidating for hobby dredges etc, so we are now actively looking for another Otago claim. We currently have the lower Manuherikia River under application, and although its not known as a “rich” river, it has excellent access and camping opportunities, and is a great place to learn to dredge. At this stage we aim to have two claims (possibly three) ready by the 2020/2021 season.

1 Like

Although it’s a long way from me, this is good news from many prospectors in the area. Nice one mate

The Manuherikia was fantastically rich in its day and still is and often overlooked but the best bits are claimed already.

Outside the camping ground in alexandra and not far from where I live where your claim runs through I remember seeing dredging happening in there in the 80s and 90s and there was some decent gold to be got.

But good stuff as you say it would be good for people just wanting to go out and play and some good access points. If it wernt for the fact im getting on in years Id definatley sign up!

gidday alexgold i’ll flick you a pm that section of river at ophir is now under application and no dredging to other parties will be allowed at this point in time untill we have had a good chance to sus the ground properly and disscused options amoungst ourselves.

Awesome stuff I have access to a four inch dredge and will be keen once you are up and running

Hi there;l I would be keen to do this; pay a fee and be left alone to get on with things. Please add me to your list of potential clients and let me know for the coming season. when you are ready to go. Have cash and 4 inch dredge. From Ivan.

I’m a bit late getting on to this thread but am keen to do this. I had a horrible time last year having had my gold stash stolen and then having idiots jump into the area I had been working, to be fair it is a public fossicking area but if I see someones dig site I would leave it alone.

Ok, enough of the bad stuff, I don’t have a dredge just a sluicebox and a shovel. I would still like some reassurance that there is good gold to be had. My goal would be around a gram a day to make it worth my while. I live in Christchurch so I would want to stay for a while may be a week and give it a good working over. Anyway add me to your list of interested parties.

Cheers, Ken.

1 Like

Hey Ken

Went up there last week and would appear that there was no lock down :thinking: for some!!

I would be interested to pay and play

Hi I would like to have more info cheers mate keen to jump on board

Hi, i would be keen to do a bit of high banking for a week or so at a time , interested in more information .Cheers ,

Hi Fellas send me an email at sam@prospectsolutions.co.nz and I will add you to the mailing list.
We will have an update sometime over the winter months.
Cheers

Hi I will flick you an email this week if it’s still ok to do so.

Regards Stu

I have just returned from a meetup with Sam and am really excited about the prospects, in my view the proposed pay to prospect idea is a good one. The claims are all old workings (aren’t they all) but the potential is still there to work some good ground and find some good gold.

Another thing we talked about was the social side, maybe a get together and BBQ at one of the claims. My thoughts on that are that this could work as a club even?

So thanks Sam for taking the time to met with me I really appreciate that.

Cheers, Ken.

2 Likes

what a great idea. good luck sadly i wont make it but be warned the place will (maybe) be haunted soon . looking for a good place on the other side.LOL

6 Likes

Would be good to have a good social meet up. Hopefully you’ll still be around @kiwikeith, hope you’re hanging in there ok.

3 Likes