Goldenboy's Nuggets & Flakes

7h… Maybe a few more colors today, but not quite as much as I was hoping for… :sweat_smile:

Does anyone know if there’s gold in any of the small creeks you cross on the way to Glenorchy? Know there’s a claim on the 25 Mile and some other creeks, so will stay away from them, don’t worry :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Tack! New holes to be dug today, hopefully with some nice colors in them :innocent:

Ps. Rännan går bättre än någonsin och spaden är också bra! Tusen tack för allt! :pray:t2:

Cheers

1 Like

Were is 5 mile creek?rings a bell

Just a few minutes outside Queenstown on the way to Glenorchy. There is a bridge, but can’t remember its name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Did a few test pans today, but wasn’t in mood for sluicing, so decided to go for a swing with the Monster instead. I’m glad I did :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Good call and better results.

1 Like

Really beautiful nuggets, go hard!

1 Like

Geez, these foreigners ‘stealing’ all our Gold!

(Just kidding, great pics, good job man)

2 Likes

Hah! If you Kiwis weren’t that lazy maybe there wouldn’t be any gold to steal… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Haha, thanks mate! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Did you have any luck today?

Was curious to see what the creek was like further upstream, so went on a mission with my detector. No gold was found and I was rather frustrated since the bedrock was so noisy for some reson? Anyway, I gave up when I came across a bloody waterfall I’d never have been able to pass :roll_eyes:

So, there I was, on the way back when I noticed a hill with some bedrock exposed. Suddenly I felt this strong need to explore it and man, I’m so glad I did!

Today I found the nugget I’ve been chasing in my dreams for so long! I’m over the moon. I guess sometimes it pays of to listen to your gut…

Cheers :beers:

15 Likes

That is awesome bro!!! Well done indeed …make a great pendant!..what is the weight?..lets all guess…
I say 7.5 grams …anyone else…lol!

1 Like

Thanks! Don’t have access to a scale atm, but will keep you guys updated. Think 7g is a bit too optimistic, my guess would be somewhere around 3g. We’ll see… :joy:
A pendant would be awesome!

Cheers

3 Likes

My guess is 4.5 grams, well done GB that’s a mean as nuggie.

1 Like

Haha thanks! It’s a badass :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well done “Dronten” !! Goes well in your treasure chest

1 Like

Haha, think someone’s on FB as well… :joy: Thanks. Slowly getting there :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Friggin awesome :hushed: would certainly make ya day/month/year lol

1 Like

Yeah. That’s it, I’ve found my nugget so taking a break from the digging now… Nah, the fever is worse than ever before! Next location is Arrowtown :cowboy_hat_face:

Cheers mate

1 Like

Went back up the 5 Mile today. Only got one bar of battery left :joy: I’ve realized a more suitable name for the creek would be “Five Thousand F*cking Fallen Trees Creek”. Man, the further upstream you go, the worse it gets. Has anyone had any luck up there?

Did find an arrow on the way back. Must be a sign! Tomorrow I’m going to give Arrowtown another go. This time I’ll strike rich :crossed_fingers:t2: