348 Illicit NZ Detecting hobbyists?

Yes you are dead right one of the boys came across a chap in the Gardens digging holes with a spade to he said you better be out of here .
A lot of detectors been sold now to people now that do not no the rules or how to dig a plug and think sports fields are are fear game with a spade.

Heh youā€™ve got the wrong their - its their not there. This is fun. I had a big day gold mining and now l have indulged a little too muchā€¦your fault Johnā€¦loved the Glenfiddick. Sons spreading gold nuggets all over the table. Jealous! Well Roy l can only say that l like ladies holes!

1 Like

Photos, or it didnā€™t happen. Glenfiddich going to your head. :wink: I have heard there is no gold at your place. :joy:
Thanks for the time there, or is that their? :laughing:

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

Sad to say we arent photohygenic or what ever the word isā€¦didnt read your comments above until now and hes put them in his bottle and l am at the gate.
No theres no gold at my place- itā€™s a cross between an optical allusion and iron pyrite.
I am getting too old for this caper.
It was great to have you here and welcome any timeā€¦in fact looking forward to next time. Bring wifeā€™s sister!
On a serious note l have to go home today but may be on the Coromandel within two weeksā€¦unsure as yet.

1 Like

Hi John. Just back from my placeā€¦ Monday about 0.67 gram, Tuesday l walked all Timber gully and wore myself out for two pieces totalling. 16 gram and yesterday was a total failure until it was nearly time to go and stumbled on 6.76 grams. There was more there but my son got it. I came home with nearly 8 grams and he got over 8 grams. Hard work though. My son has to sell some of his gold so we may put some on Trademe though l will also buy some.

1 Like

Now knowing your country, you deserve all the gold you find for the effort required. Me thinks your son should give you some of his gold. Hasnā€™t he found thousands of $$ worth using YOUR GP Xtreme, that he kept. :wink: I know deep down you are just a big softy & a giver.

Take care.

JW :cowboy_hat_face:

It was a fjfty/fifty deal to use the extreme but when it was time to take it l said no. He has to sell to raise funds for a garage and l was looking at it yesterdayā€¦its nice stuff that he got.

He may sell about five ounces that I have here though I am paying his share in the gold claim so will take some in exchange for his share.

2 Likes

Has this been posted here before? The Auckland project, an archaeological appeasement (for the offshore research perhaps)ā€¦https://www.aucklandproject.org/blog/working-with-a-metal-detectorist/ They could make it more attractive by actually entering our names as site founders, providing training and actually joining inā€¦Wellington.

Think thatā€™s Auckland England.

But thatā€™s kind of the point.