Paydirt Home Locations Permit Map Equipment Permit Services Gold Price Old Forum Archive

West Auckland metal detectors - ?arrange a meeting

Hi all
I’m fairly new to metal detecting, although I’ve done quite a bit of research into the history of West Auckland. However, as I’m an older lady, I’m a bit apprehensive about going to some of the more remote places on my own.
I’d love to meet up with some other West Auckland metal detectors for a chat and a drink. Was thinking one weekday evening, maybe upstairs at the Hangar Bar in Central Park Drive, Henderson.
What do you all think?
Cheers, LaniMac

Yep I am always keen to meet other hobbyists

I’m keen to get involved. Would be great to meet up.

Hi Westiedigger and Bridget
I live in Oratia, but thought meeting at a venue in West Auckland for a drink would be good. Not too sure where you both live?
I talked to a staff member at Lincoln Green yesterday and she suggested that Monday or Tuesday night would not be too busy, so we could have a drink and maybe some finger food and get to know each other. Maybe the 12th or 13th of September, to give other people a chance to reply to the first email.
Also, this is not just for West Aucklanders. Anyone is welcome to come along. Maybe we will form a club,. maybe just keep it informal.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers, LaniMac

I am in Te Atatu South. So Lincoln green or hanger is good for me.

I’m in Massey so either venue is fine by me and so are the dates.

Hi Westiedigger and Bridget.
How about 7pm on Monday 12 September. I’m flexible on time and date, so let me know if you need to change anything. I think Lincoln Green would be the best venue (for now), as it is easier to find and plenty of parking. Looking forward to meeting you both.
LaniMac

Hi LaniMac
Yes that time and date suits me. I’ll look forward to meeting you there.

Yes that sounds good see you both there.

Looking forward to meeting you both.
Cheers, LaniMac