WD17 The waters Beckon

1 cents and 2 cent, the soil at that spot just destroys them.
Old britainia pennys survive the best in that spots soil followed by silver.

Far out they sure have taken a beating. Amazing how the different base metals can help with some coins lasting in certain ground conditions and not others!

1 Like

When that black coating on the nz penny dries out and falls off it will take off all the detail on that coin too.

1 Like

A $3.50 spendies, $2 ozzy and a 1936 silver sixpence from the 3p Spot between the rainshowers today.

3 Likes

You are on to a good spot there WD. Keep on swingin !!

Don’t forget to enter the competition:

1 Like

Managed to sneak my detecter into the car for a road trip.
Hit a few playgrounds along the way till i found an old campground and managed to get permission from the Trustees.
Pockets spills everywhere, one withnice old gold ring and another spill with a florin half crown and shilling.

7 Likes

The elusive virgin spot! Congrats man!!

SWEET Looks like a real old spot. :fireworks:

Awesome digging, nice to hit those, probably undetected, spots for sure

1 Like

great stuff they must be more where they come from

Actually i am a bit down, i went back next day before carrying on our trip and entire area was flooded.
Managed to get a 1943 nz shilling and some coins for the comp i will put up later.
Hope to get back there one day.

Got a loupe from the chinese shop.
And found some suitably shaped bronze bits to hammer the ring back into shape.
Hallmarked 9ct and then TCL? TGL? 7EL?

2 Likes

ZEI Manufacturer stamp for Rosy Blue, although they only seem to do diamond jewellery

look for a metal ring sizer,i think thats what they call them,tapered with a handle on it,a must have to straighten your rings.ebay about 10 bucks make sure its metal and not plastic

1 Like

Something a bit like a mandrel? :wink:

thats the one i got an alloy one it came with a set of finger ring sizes as well.

Went for a Swing with 2 other detectorists today.
Got a new oldest coin 1872 Victoria penny in nice condition.
Thanks for inviting me along guys

6 Likes

Always love finding Victorian coins, good effort :slight_smile:

1933 half crown. Local character rocked up and pointed me in the direction of a age old long drop.
May dig it out one day… once i lose any shred of dignity i have left…

4 Likes