Two hours on the beach

Excellent work, I,m still hunting my first elusive gold ring so well done you.
Keep on swingin !!

1 Like

Only 18K” he says :grinning:

1 Like

Haha meant there was no other hallmarks like a crown etc to show where it might have been made or a date

1 Like

great score.gold is always good

Yep, thrilled with that find, been checking out cost for a sand scoop though and best I can find is one in Australia for $175 plus postage, the RTG Pro sand scoop on eBay is even more expensive!

@Carlg
Send this guy a message, look like a nice scoop.

Kate.

Thanks Kate, I will try that.

Visited East coast beaches around Robin Hoods Bay this morning, very little rubbish around on the beach so I think its been detected before and probably still is, but I still got a few coins and a small plain 9ct gold ring in about a foot of water, very pleased with that!

6 Likes

Welldone, you put in the effort and were rewarded.
I do love a no junk beach, though after a while you begin to wonder if the detector is still working :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I seem to be learning quite a few lessons every time I am out

If it’s a well hunted spot, pulling a gold means you’re doing something better than everyone else :wink:

Keep working it - if they missed one…

1 Like

I hate it when I have detected for a long time and NO sounds so to reassure myself that the detector is still working I throw an old bullet head in front of me to ‘find’ and then I feel good about my detector for another short while!

For sure lol, twice I put the detector over my spade to check and I switced it on and off to reset it thinking I may have messed up pressing the eliminator button or something :slight_smile:

I’m so used to junky spots, that I do this every 5minutes!

I also have panic attacks when my detector is silent… before realising I haven’t plugged in the earphones - or even put them in my ears! :joy:
Mostly because I’m expecting my coil to suddenly kark it - after it’s brush with water.

The one good thing about NO noise at all where I go is that when there IS a noise then it is something GOOD seventy five percent of the time…so there are advantages. In the A & P showgrounds at Timaru and my grand parents back yard back in the day when there were no pull tabs and rubbush worth mentioning then virtually every sound off was a goodie AND the only rubbish was pennies and half pennies!!!

1 Like

happy days,i can remember when i was weighing in bronze pennys by the 2lt ice cream carton full.

1 Like

Low tide and another couple of hours spent in the water, 3 coins,some lead, a padlock and then I heard a solid dull tone reading a number 48 on the AT Pro meter, must be gold I thought and it was - a 18ct ring with 5 diamonds. Had to go deeper this time to find it, water above my knees - must be where all the good stuff is in deeper water?

5 Likes

Good job me old china. Awesome target to get.

Thanks, I am now considering to put on my wet suit to get a bit deeper!

great score should clean up very nice